MagSafe Firmware 258 Update: How To, Changes, Issues
Apple has recently released MagSafe firmware 258 (10M3761) for its wireless charger that’s compatible with the iPhone 12 and later, the AirPods Pro 2 and the latest Apple Watches! Let’s track the changes, fixes as well as issues reported by users!
MagSafe Firmware 258 (10M3761)
This new release is available over-the-air. The Apple MagSafe charger should update automatically while it’s connected to one of your Apple devices.
It replaces version 10M1821 also known as firmware 255.
MagSafe Firmware 258 Changes
Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t provide any release notes for MagSage version updates. We’re most likely dealing with minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Any changes reported by users are highlighted here:
- To be updated. (Contribute in the comments.)
How To Force MagSafe Firmware 258 Update
Is your Apple MagSafe charger stuck on version 171 or 255 although your regularly using it to charge your iPhone? Here is what you can do to force the update:
- 1. Connect MagSafe charger to Mac and trust the accessory when you’re prompted by your computer! Users have reported that this will rush any firmware updates available.
- 2. If you don’t have a macOS device an USB-C compatible iPad works too!
- 3. Some cases might prevent the Apple MagSafe charger from updating as expected. Try to remove the case to force the update.
How To Check MagSafe Charger Firmware Version
To confirm that your accessory has updated to 222.214.171.124 firmware, perform the following steps:
- 1. Place iPhone on your MagSafe charger.
- 2. Go for Settings -> General -> Apple MagSafe Charger.
- 3. Check the Firmware Version!
Fact: If you see 2126.96.36.199 it’s running the most recent version. If you see 255.0.0.0, 247.0.0.0, 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 it means that your MagSafe charger is running an older firmware version.
Has your MagSafe charger updated to firmware 258? Do you notice any changes, or want to report an issue? Share tour feedback in the comments!
Related: Is your Apple MagSafe charger genuine? Here is how to check it out.