tvOS 16.5 Features, Issues, Bug Fixes, Security Updates
Apple has released tvOS 16.5 build number 20L563 for Apple TV HD and later! It brings minor new features, bug fixes and security updates! Ongoing issues and new problems are also tracked here!
tvOS 16.5 Features
The What’s New section in the tvOS Settings doesn’t mention any new feature. It’s stuck on the Apple Music Sing enhancement introduced in tvOS 16.2!
- 1. A shared administrator in a Home can now pair and add Matter accessories, according to the Developer release notes.
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
tvOS 16.5 Bugs Fixed
Problems addressed in this release are covered here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
tvOS 16.5 Security Updates
Whilst there not too many new features included, the number of security fixes is significant and include:
- AppleMobileFileIntegrity, Core Location, Core Services, GeoServices, ImageIO, IOSurfaceAccelerator, Kernel, Metal, Model I/O, NetworkExtension, Sandbox, Siri, SQLite, StorageKit, System Settings, Telephony, TV App, Weather, WebKit, Wi-FI.
More: details available in Apple’s security document!
tvOS 16.5 Issues
Unsolved problems as well as new bugs reported for this version are tracked here:
- To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
tvOS 16.5 Update
- 1. This update is available in Settings -> System -> Software Updates for Apple TV HD, 4K and 4K (2nd gen.).
- 2. Go for Download and Install.
Tip: Be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and applied! Apple TV will automatically reboot to mark the end of the upgrade process.
Have you updated Apple TV to tvOS 16.5? Noticed other changes or improvements not mentioned in this article? What about bugs fixed or new issues? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5 (20F66), macOS Ventura 13.4 (22F66), watchOS 9.5 (20T562) and HomePod 16.5.