Record videos or edit the ones that you already and make them resemble with captures from your childhood. You can choose from seven lenses and eleven retro film styles. Changes can be made even during the live recording process. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get on your digital video. The app also support 4K video recording and two aspect ratio. The vintage 4:3 or the more modern 16:9.
Download 8mm Vintage Camera
This app usually retails for $1.99 but now you can download it for free. Tap here if you want to install it on an iPhone, or here for iPad and you’ll be redirected to the official App Store download page. Next, tap on GET -> INSTALL, provide your fingerprint and wait until the app is deployed and installed on your iOS device. Hit OPEN when ready and start your retro adventure!
Fact: The app is compatible with any iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that is running iOS 8.0 or later.
8mm Vintage Camera Tips
After opening the app for the first time, you’ll notice that it’s used in landscape mode. This recreates the aspect of a vintage camera. Next, tap the “i” in the bottom-left corner of the screen to bring up the explanation for all the controls available on the backside of your retro camera. You can find, from top to bottom:
– Change Lens button: choose from the following: Super 8, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
– Start/stop Record button.
– Load Video command to open a footage available in the library of your iOS Photos app.
– Change Film style. The following are available: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan and Two-Color.
– Jitter button: imitates the frame shakes of real 8 mm projectors.
– The Sounds option command allows you to add the audio effects of a 8mm projector or completely mute the recording to achieve a silent movie.
– On/off Flash
– Camera Switch: allows you to capture selfie vintage videos!
– Clips button opens up the footage that you captured with the help of this app and provides you the option to export it the Photos app or Share it with friends.
Tip: For more iPhone and iPad app savings, check out our App Store Deals category.