Apple has released AirPods 4C165 firmware update for all models excepting the first generation model. This update comes to replace the 4A402 firmware running on the AirPods Pro, 4A400 found on AirPods 2 and AirPods Max, 4B66 running on AirPods 3.
AirPods 4C165 Firmware Features
We’re waiting for your help! If you spot any changes, use the comments section and inform us. We will update the content of this article asap.
How To Update AirPods 4C165 Firmware
The AirPods Pro and all other models are configured to auto update when all conditions are meet. You can’t update them manually in Settings!
- 1. With the AirPods in the case, connect them to a power source and make sure that they’re fully charged!
- 2. Open the lid and connect AirPods to iPhone or iPad. Play music for a couple of seconds.
- 3. Insert the AirPods back in their case. Keep the case connected to power!
- 4. Keep the lid open and the iPhone unlocked and displaying the Settings -> Bluetooth screen.
- 5. Close AirPods case, but keep iPhone screen On.
- 6. Wait a couple of minutes. Open the case and reconnect. Check the firmware version. Have the AirPods update to 4C165?
How To Check AirPods Firmware Version
Not sure if your AirPods have updated? You have two ways to check it:
- 1. Open Settings and go for General -> About and tap on AirPods name. Firmware Version should be 4C165 to confirm the update.
- 2. In Settings go for Bluetooth. Tap the ‘i’ icon next to the AirPods name and scroll for the About section. The firmware is available next to Version.
Tip: Tap on Version and you will also unveil the hardware version for the case.
AirPods Not Updating To 4C165?
First of all, make sure that your accessories are compatible with this new firmware. As mentioned above, the AirPods 1 (first generation) are not supported by this update. If you own the original version stop trying to force the update.
Finally, you can reset AirPods and try again!
AirPods 4C165 Firmware Bugs
Any issues occurring on AirPods Pro, 2, 3 and Max in this new firmware version are listed below.
Because AirPods 4C165 update doesn’t come with an update log we can only find out if previous bugs have been addressed by testing and replicating. If you notice any fixes don’t hesitate to share them in comments section.
- AirPods Pro cutting out on iPhone?
- AirPods case excessive battery drain issue. (Status: -)
- AirPods Max Volume jumps when receiving a notification while listening to music. (Status: -)
- Notify When Left Behind alerts trigger unexpectedly when the AirPods are in the user’s pockets. (Status: -)
- AirPods not connecting to Apple TV. (Status: -)
- To be updated.
Are you facing new issues since AirPods updated to 4C165 firmware? Report them to us using the comments section available below and we will try to replicate and provide workarounds:
- To be updated.
Have your AirPods update to 4C165 firmware version? What’s your feedback? Use the comments section!
Related: AirPods case overheating during MagSafe charging?