Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 05:53 amPosted in News by Patricia on May 3, 2023
Apple has released AirPods 5e135 update for AirPods 2, 3, AirPods Pro, Pro 2 and AirPods Max with bug fixes and other improvements! In this article we track any changes, bugs fixes as well as new issues reported by users!
AirPods 5e135 Update
AirPod firmware updates are installed automatically. However, you can force the update right now by preforming the following steps:
- 1. Connect AirPods to charger and let them charge to 100%.
Important: Both AirPods and case have to be fully charged!
- 2. Connect AirPods to iPhone, by opening the lid of the case.
- 3. Keep the lid open and keep your iPhone unlocked, with the screen on.
- 4. Wait a couple of minutes before you check Version number. Are you seeing 5e135?
How To Check AirPods Firmware Version
- 1. Connect AirPods to iPhone.
- 2. Open Settings. In iOS 16, they show up at the top of the menu.
- 3. Tap on the [airpods name].
- 4. Scroll to the About section and check Version number.
AirPods 5e135 Features
Apple doesn’t mention too many details about the contents of this update in its support document:
“Bug fixes and other improvements.”
Any changes reported by users are highlighted below:
- 1. Improved Sound Quality for AirPods Pro 2. Reported by brad.
- 2. Enhanced Noise cancellation reported by brad (AirPods Pro 2).
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
AirPods 5e135 Issues
Any problems reported for this release are tracked here along with available workarounds:
- 1. Head tracking not working as expected when using AirPods Pro 2 with an iPhone. Feature works as intended when connected to Mac. Reported by brad.
- 2. Microphone quality decreased after update for Matthew (AirPods 2).
- 3. Right AirPod crackles for Tyrone.
- 4. Loud noise in left AirPod for Tommy.
- 5. AirPods Setup Incomplete No Location Found in Find My. Reported by Tracey after AirPods 5e135 update.
Fix: A series of troubleshooting options have been published here.
- 6. Excessive Case battery drain for DaddyCool. (AirPods Pro 2)
- 7. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
AirPods 5e135 Bugs Fixed
As mentioned above Apple mentions ‘bug fixes’ un the update notes. However, no other details are given. If you notice any issues addressed please share them in the comments and we will list them here:
- 1. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Have your AirPods updated to firmware 5e135? What’s your feedback? Do you have anu questions? Use the comments!
Related: Apple has also released a new firmware version for the MagSafe charger.