Last updated on October 14th, 2021 at 07:45 am
Are the AirPods Pro left behind notifications not working as they should on iPhone? Is your device alerting you that you’ve forgot your Bluetooth earbuds at a nearby location, although the AirPods are in your pocket? Worse, the Notify When Left Behind option is labeled as ‘Not supported’?
AirPods Pro Notify When Left Behind Feature
Apple’s premium Bluetooth earbuds have recently received a firmware update (4A400) which allows them, in tandem with iOS 15, to trigger left behind notifications, if you forget them in a random location.
How To Enable AirPods Left Behind Notifications
- This feature can be enabled in the Find My app.
- Browse the Devices tab and tap on your AirPods Pro name.
- Turn On the feature by tapping on Notify When Left Behind and switching the appropriate toggle.
Tip: Here you can set a Home and Work addresses to except these common locations from issuing unnecessary left behind alerts!
AirPods Pro Left Behind Notifications Not Working Properly
If you’re bombarded by AirPods Pro left behind notifications but the earbuds are in your pocket, here is what you should do:
1. Check Home Location
2. Remove & Re-Add AirPods
If the AirPods Pro Notify When Left Behind option is set up properly but you’re still getting erroneous left behind alerts you should remove the AirPods from the Find My app and add them back to see if the issue is cleared.
- 1. In Find My Browse for Devices -> AirPods Pro Name -> Remove This Device. Tap Remove to confirm.
- 2. You have to also Forget This Device in Settings -> Bluetooth -> AirPods Name (tap blue ‘i’ icon)
- 3. Reboot iPhone and re-pair AirPods Pro to your device.
- 4. Open Find My and tap on Devices.
- 5. Tap on AirPods Pro name and tweak the Notify When Left Behind settings.
AirPods Pro Notify When Left Behind Not Supported
More, the option is greyed out which means that you can’t turn the alerts Off and neither edit the trusted locations!
Fact: The same behavior has been reported for the Apple Watch Notify when left behind feature.
Notify When Left Behind Locations Not Editable
Tip: If AirPods Pro left behind notifications are too annoying your last resort is to remove them from the Find My app only as instructed above, without unpairing them completely from your iPhone.
Fact: The only notification setting that can be edited is the Notify When Found alert! Be aware though, that Notify When Found is greyed out too, if AirPods Pro are not connected to iPhone!
Have you managed to fix AirPods Pro left behind notifications? Do you have a better solution than the one presented above? Use the comments section and share it with us!