The 2018 list doesn’t include an award for the best Apple Watch app and game of the year. These titles have been won by iTranslate Converse and Micropolis, last year. However, in 2018 Apple has decided to provide a list with its favorite watchOS apps of the year, without nominating a winner. You can review the 10 apps here. The 2018 awards do have two new categories though, labeled App respective Game Trend of the Year featuring the most popular types of app and games in 2018.
The Best Apps And Games Of 2018
Without further ado let’s check out the iOS, macOS and tvOS 2018 winners:
- App Trend of the Year: Self-care apps to improve personal wellness like the ones listed here.
- Game Trend of the Year:Competitive gaming like Fortnite, PUBG Mobile, Clash Royale and Hearthstone. Tap here for more.
- iPhone App of the Year: Procreate Pocket
- iPhone Game of the Year: Donut County
- iPad App of the Year: Froggipedia
- iPad Game of the Year: Gorogoa
- Mac App of the Year: Pixelmator Pro
- Mac Game of the Year: The Gardens Between
- Apple TV App of the Year: Sweat
- Apple TV Game of the Year: Alto’s Odyssey
Most Downloaded Apps And Games Of 2018
After reviewing Apple’s awards for the best apps and games of the year, you can also check App Store’s most downloaded software: