Is your brand new Apple Watch 7 displaying blank app icons for third party apps? This looks like a day one Series 7 bug that’s noticeable in the watchOS 8 app bundle. The icons from many apps are missing from the honeycomb, displaying an empty space instead.
Apple Watch 7 Blank App Icons
To replicate this glitch you have to click the Digital Crown and bring up the watchOS 8 app bundle. Are you seeing empty spots in the honeycomb? Those are third party apps unable to display their icons properly!
Info: Some of the affected apps are PCalc, Carrot and more!
This issue has been first reported on Twitter by James Thomson and can be seen in the image uploaded nearby:
Fact: Apparently, the watchOS 8 blank app icons issue is only occurring on the 45mm Apple Watch Series 7!
How To Fix Apple Watch 7 Blank App Icons
Unfortunately, force restarting your device won’t help this time.
What you can do is to look for updates available in the App Store and install them as soon as they become available.
You can also try to remove the apps in question from your watchOS 8 device and reinstall them.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Scroll all the way down to the ‘Installed on Apple Watch’ apps list, in the My Watch view.
- Tap on the app that you want to remove and use the toggle next to Show App on Apple Watch.
- Reboot your Watch, return to the same settings menu and now check the Available Apps list.
- Tap on Install, available next to the name of the app to reinstall it on your Apple Watch.
Have you managed to fix the Apple Watch 7 blank app icon bug? Do you have a better solution? Use the comments section and share your feedback!
Related: Other common Apple Watch Series 7 facts that you should know about are:
– watchOS 8 Full keyboard only available natively for English language setting.
– how to fast charge Apple Watch 7
– Apple Watch time not updating in real time when Always On Display is enabled.