Last updated on December 16th, 2022 at 02:28 pmPosted in News by Mike on December 13, 2022
Apple has seeded HomePod 16.2 for HomePod mini and the original intelligent Bluetooth speaker! Update includes new features, improvements, bug and security fixes! Also, take a look at the ongoing issues and new problems reported by users!
HomePod 16.2 Features
- 1. New Home Architecture comes as a secondary update, that can be installed only after HomePod (Home hub) updates to OS 16.2
- 2. HomePod sound louder and more clearer mid-range after this update (Lossless songs especially). Reported by HollandJim.
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
HomePod 16.2 Issues
Before you update, find out the unsolved problems, as well as new bugs reported for this version:
- 1. Home architecture won’t update. Error informs that HomePod isn’t updated to 16.2 although it clearly is. Reported by Reddit user.
Fix: Restart HomePod.
- 2. Unable to rejoin Home after updating Home app architecture. App falsley informs that devices need to be updated although they’re already updated. Invite has ‘pending invitation’ status. Reported by Zekro.
Fix: Add the missing users on Apple TV as suggested by Finally Worked.
- 3. Apple Music playback briefly stops when playing a song in a loop and the track loops back to the start. Reported by Bella24.
Fix: Some workarounds are provided here.
- 4. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
HomePod 16.2 Bugs Fixed
Problems addressed in this release are mentioned here:
- To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
HomePod 16.2 Update
- 1. This update is available, over-the-air in the Home app on iPhone, iPad or Mac.
- 2. Go for Home Settings -> Software Updates.
- 3. Tap Update All or Update to download and install this latest version.
Tip: Be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and applied! HomePod is unavailable during installation and will auto reboot when the upgrade ends.
Have you updated HomePod to OS 16.2? Do you notice other changes not mentioned in this article? What about bugs fixed or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!