A hidden feature available on Apple Watch in watchOS 7 allows you to add and delete icons from the Control Center. If you have toggles that you rarely use, you can remove them and declutter the Control panel, from your wrist!
watchOS 7 also brings a new Control Center toggle for the newly added Schooltime mode. In fact, this is the only icon that’s not added by default and you have to manually included it by following the steps listed below.
How To Delete Control Center Toggles
- 1. Raise your wrist to wake your Apple Watch and swipe-up from the bottom of the Watch Face to display the Control Center.
- 2. Scroll all the way to the end of the panel and tap on Edit.
- 3. Tap the red ‘-‘ symbol available in the top-left corner of the toggle that you want to remove.
- 4. Apply this for each icon that you want to delete. No worries, you can add the toggles back whenever you reconsider. Click the Digital Crown when ready.
Fact: You can delete all toggles from Apple Watch Control Center. Wi-Fi, Battery Percentage, and Airplane Mode are there to stay. Removable toggles are: Ping iPhone, Silent Mode, Theater Mode, Walkie-Talkie, Do Not Disturb, Bedtime, Flashlight, Eject Water, AirDrop and Schooltime.
How To Rearrange Control Center Icons
In the same ‘Edit’ menu, long-press on an icon and drag & drop it to the desired location. This way you can change the order toggles are listed in the Apple Watch control panel and have toggles that you use more often higher in the list.
New Control Center Icon
watchOS 7 brings Schooltime to the Apple Watch. It’s a new mode that keeps distractions away when the user is attending to classes and needs to focus on learning. Schooltime comes with a new Control Center toggle, that isn’t active by default. Here is how to add it:
- 1. Wake your Apple Watch and swipe-up from the Watch Face to open the Control Center.
- 2. Scroll all the way to the Edit button.
- 3. Tap the green ‘+’ icon available in the top-right corner of the Schooltime toggle (a boy that’s raising his hand signaling that he wants to answer).
- 4. Click the Digital Crown to save your changes.
Which are the Control Center toggles that you use most often on your Apple Watch? Mines are Airplane Mode, Silent switch, Flashlight and AirDrop.