Last updated on October 14th, 2022 at 03:58 amPosted in How To by Mike on September 24, 2022
Are you trying to downgrade iOS 16.0.2 to iOS 15.7? You’ve recently updated to iOS 16.0.2 but are still having a hard time with day-one iOS 16 bugs? Fortunately, it’s still possible to downgrade to iOS 15.7 without losing data!
Update: Downgrade iOS 16.0.3 to iOS 15.7 is working too and done in the same way as instructed below!
How To Downgrade iOS 16 To iOS 15.7 Guide
Trick: Or if you tweak a new iOS 16.0.2 backup to work with iOS 15.7 as shown here!
iOS 16 backups aren’t compatible with iOS 15.7, this means that you won’t be able to restore at the end of the downgrade process.
- 1. On iPhone go for Settings -> Apple ID -> Find My and turn Off Find My iPhone.
- 2. On computer, Download the iOS 15.7 ipsw file for your iPhone model. (Download links available at the end of this article!)
- 3. Connect iPhone to Mac or Windows computer using the USB to Lightning cable that shipped with your device.
- 4. Open Finder (Mac), respectively iTunes (Windows).
- 5. Press alt (Option) key + click Restore iPhone on Mac. (Shift key + Restore iPhone on Windows).
- 6. Select the recently downloaded iOS 15.7 ipsw file and click Open. Click Restore to confirm your selection when you’re prompted that iPhone will be erased and iOS 15.7 restored on your device.
Tip: Unlock your iPhone and Trust the computer if you’re asked to.
Important: Finder might show Restore and Update and automatically begin to download the latest iOS software available. Cancel this by unplugging the iPhone and reconnecting it. Only Restore should show up now!
Tip: Downgrading iPhone from iOS 16 to iOS 15.7 should start. Be patient until it completes. Use the Restore from a backup option to bring back your data. Else, you have to set up your iPhone as a new device!
Downgrade iOS 16.0.2 To 15.7 Video
We’ve also published a video tutorial showcasing the troubleshooting sequence presented above:
iOS 15.7 IPSW Download Links
From your computer, click the link that fits your iPhone model and accept the download:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone SE 2022
- iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st gen)
Non-iOS 16 compatible iPhones
Why To Downgrade iOS 16.0.2 To iOS 15.7 Guide
Our readers have reported over 15 day-one iOS 16 issues and errors and several other iPhone 14 Pro exclusive bugs.
Apple has released iOS 16.0.2 with a series of bug fixes, but not all of them seem to be working. For example, touch screen issues for iPhone models with screen replacements haven’t been fixed, although a fix is confirmed in the update log!
If you’re not happy with iOS 16 yet, this is your only option to switch back to iOS 15! It will work until Apple stop signing iOS 15.7, so hurry up!
Have you managed to downgrade iOS 16.0.2 to iOS 15.7? Do you have any questions or need help? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: You’re experiencing the Unable to Check for Update error. iOS 16.0.2 is not showing up on your device? Here is why and how to fix it!