Are you trying to downgrade iOS 16.1 beta to iOS 16.0.2? You’ve recently updated to the beta version because to fix day-one iOS 16.0 bugs, but Apple has fixed them in iOS 16.0.2 and you want to get back to the public releases?
How To Downgrade iOS 16.1 To iOS 16.0.2
- 1. On iPhone, go for Settings -> Apple ID -> Find My and turn Off Find My iPhone.
- 2. Delete the iOS 16 Configuration Profile in Settings -> General -> VPN & Device Management.
- 3. On computer, Download the iOS 16.0.2 ipsw file for your iPhone model. This is available on ipsw.me! (Direct link)
- 4. Connect iPhone to Mac or Windows computer using the USB to Lightning cable that shipped with your device.
- 5. Open Finder (Mac), respectively iTunes (Windows). Software should confirm that iPhone is already in Recovery Mode.
- 6. Press alt (Option) key + click Restore iPhone on Mac. (Shift key + Restore iPhone on Windows).
- 7. Select the recently downloaded iOS 16.0.2 ipsw file and click Open. Confirm your selection.
Tip: Unlock your iPhone and Trust the computer if you’re asked to.
Important: Finder might show Restore and Update and automatically begin to download the latest iOS software available. Cancel this by unplugging the iPhone and reconnecting it. Only Restore should show up now!
Tip: Downgrading iPhone from iOS 16.1 to iOS 16.0.2 should start. Be patient until it completes. Use the Restore from this backup option to bring back your data. Else, you have to set up your iPhone as a new device!
Have you managed to successfully downgrade iOS 16.1 beta to iOS 16.0.2? Do you have any questions or need help? Use the comments section.
Related: Still unhappy with iOS 16 and would like to downgrade all the way back to iOS 15? Here is a step-by-step guide for reverting to iOS 15.7!