Are you also hit by the iPhone Storage bug? Are capacity calculations wrong since updating to iOS 15? Is your device going as far as displaying zero KB used? Or, the other way around iPhone or iPad displays a much higher storage usage than you’re actually using?
iPhone Storage Bug In iOS 15
It started with the iPhone storage not loading or taking a long time to display the calculations.
Next, the first wrong capacity calculations started to be reported:
“I have the same issue on my 2021 iPad Pro 12.9,is says Zero KB out of 128GB when in reality there should be around 30GB used.”
“I’ve updated it to the iOS 15.0.1 and having this issue, mines says ‘Zero KB of 128 GB Used’.”
JD: “I updated to iOS 15.0.1 and my phone storage say zero kb of 256 gb used.”
How To Fix iPhone Storage Bug
Apple has failed to fix this bug in iOS 15.0.1 and iOS 15.0.2. The issue is still present in iOS 15.1 Beta 4, which means that chances are small for the problem to be fixed anytime soon via a software update.
However, some users have reported that they managed to fix the iPhone storage bug as follows:
1. Run An iCloud Backup
- Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID.
- Go for iCloud and tap iCloud Backup.
- Use the Back Up Now option.
Tip: be patient until the task is completed. When it does, check the iPhone Storage calculations in Settings -> General. Are they fixed?
2. Reset And Restore iPhone
- Browse for Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Erase All Content And Settings.
- Restore from backup when configuring the erased iPhone!
Have you managed to fix iPhone storage bug using the tips provided above? Do you have a better solution? Use the comments section and share your feedback.
Related: Fixes for other common iOS 15 bugs are:
– Facebook Messenger videos flickering during playback.
– Safari videos showing black screen when playing.
– Notifications not working for various apps in iOS 15!
– Widgets turn white or black on Home Screen and become unresponsive.