For now, iOS 12 is only available for registered Apple developers, which also includes a $100 yearly fee. However, if you aren’t coding iOS apps, you can still download and test iOS 12 by using the tricks provided in the step-by-step tutorial listed below. Before starting though, please be aware that early betas come with bugs which might slow your device down and deplete it’s battery faster than usual!
3 Steps To Download & Install iOS 12 On iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch
Important: Please make sure that you perform a full backup of your device before starting! Also check that your iPhone is compatible with iOS 12!
1. Install the iOS 12 Beta Profile on your device!
- Grab the iOS 12 Beta Profile by clicking the image available nearby!
- Tap Allow to accept the profile on your iPhone.
- Hit Install, provide your Passcode and hit Install again to deploy it.
- Tap on Restart when prompted to reboot your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch and activate the new profile.
- After the restart tap on Settings!
- Browse for General -> Software Update.
- Once the iOS 12 Beta is detected, hit Download and Install to start the update process.
- Agree with Apple’s terms, provide your Passcode one more time and wait until the 12th iOS generation is deployed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Your device will automatically reboot before the update process is completed!
- Tap Continue on the prompt that indicates that your iPhone was successfully updated to iOS 12.
- Hit Continue one more time and decide if you want to share the iCloud Analytics with Apple or not.
- Next, tap on Get Started and you’re ready to play with iOS 12!
Fact: If iOs 12 doesn’t suit you, or when you have enough from testing it you can downgrade to the most recent iOS 11 version available, by following these steps!