If you haven’t tried iPadOS 15 yet and want to grab it until the public release, scheduled for this fall, you can update to iPadOS 15 Beta right now! This requires you to enroll your iPad to the Apple Beta Software Program, download the iPadOS 15 configuration profile and ultimately install the iPadOS 15 Public Beta.
Important: Before you go on please perform a full backup of your iPad via iCloud or iTunes (Finder). It will allow you to downgrade to iPadOS 14 without losing your data, and restore your iPad in case something goes wrong with the beta version.
How To Update To iPadOS 15 Beta
Fact: iPads able to run iPadOS 14 are also compatible with iPadOS 15!
Download iPadOS 15 Beta Profile
- Tap on beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram (direct link) to open the Apple Beta Software Program website in Safari on your iPad.
- Sign in or Sign up with your Apple ID.
- Select iPadOS 15 from the tabs of available beta software.
- Tap on enroll your iPad, available in the Get Started section.
- Go for Download profile, just below the Install Profile paragraph.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and allow the download.
How To Install iPadOS 15 Beta Profile
- Open Settings and tap on Profile Downloaded, available under your Apple ID.
- Tap on iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 Beta Software Profile.
- Go for Install. Tap Install one more time to confirm.
- Tap Restart Now, to reboot iPad and allow the profile to be properly registered.
How To Update To iPadOS 15 Public Beta
- Unlock iPad with your Passcode, open Settings and browse for General -> Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install, after the software update screen prompts you with the iPadOS 15 Public Beta 6 (or any other later version released along the way).
- Provide your iPad’s passcode once again, Agree with Apple’s terms and the iPadOS 15 Beta download starts.
- Be patient until the download completes and the software is prepared for updating.
- Tap Install Now when prompted. The iPadOS 15 update is verified and then deployed on your device.
- A reboot marks the end of the process and you’re prompted to try out iPadOS 15. Type your Passcode and go through the on-screen setup steps. That’s it!
Have you managed to update to iPadOS 15 Beta? Do you encounter any problems? What are your first impressions? Use the comments section and share your feedback.
Related: Check out the iPadOS 15 release timeline as well as some of the new features over here!