How To Upgrade Your iPhone To iOS 13
To grab iOS 13 now you have to search for it in the Settings app. Apple will ping you about the update only in the upcoming days, after the initial update wave is completed. This is done in order to avoid server overload. So, open Settings and browse for General -> Software Update. Allow your iPhone to search for the new version and the iOS 13 Software Update screen will be displayed on your screen.
How To Prepare Your iPhone For iOS 13
1. Backup Your iPhone
As with any major software update it’s advised to perform a full iCloud or iTunes backup to make sure that you have where to return in case something goes wrong.
2. Make Sure That You Have Enough Storage Space
iOS 13 update file is over 2 GB large. Make sure that you have at this space available on your iPhone before proceeding with the update or else you risk to abort it.
3. Connect To A WiFi
Because the update file is large, it’s recommended that you are connected to a free WiFi network to avoid depleting your cellular data plan.
4. iPhone Battery Percentage
Last but not least, make sure that the battery levels are above 50%. I recommend you to have your iPhone connected to a power source during the update!
How To Upgrade To iOS 13
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap on General -> Software Update.
3. Tap Download and Install.
4. Provide your Passcode.
5. Agree with Apple’s terms.
6. Wait until iOS is downloaded and deployed on your device. Hit the Install Now button to continue the procedure.
7. Be patient until the update is verified. A black Apple logo with a loading bar underneath is displayed on a white background as the installation is ongoing.
8. You’re asked to configure your iPhone’s Passcode as soon as the update process is completed.
9. Tap Continue to configure your iPhone for iOS 13.
10. Select Light or Dark Theme and you’re ready to go!
iOS 13 Full Update Log
To be updated!
Related: Dark Mode, Sign In with Apple, Low Data Mode, Silence Unknown Callers, Redesigned Volume HUD are some of the most important new features of iOS 13! What’s your favorite?