iOS 13.4 Brings New Memoji Stickers And A Series Of Bug Fixes And Improvements
Here is how to do it. Get ahead of your device and open the Settings app. Browse for General -> Software Update and allow your iPhone or iPad to detect the new software. Make sure that you’re connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot and press Download and Install. The upgrade package is around 1 GB large. Download and the update preparation process will take a few minutes. Your iOS device will reboot as soon as the iOS 13.4 finishes to install.
iOS 13.4 Extended Update Log
Apple doesn’t disclose too much in the update description. It informs us that we will get new Memoji stickers and the option that allows us to share the iCloud Drive folder from the Files app. On top of that we have the traditional bug fixes and improvements line, along with the disclaimer that the new features might not be available in all regions and across all the supported Apple devices. Let’s take a look at the extended update log:
9 New Memoji Stickers: among them included are Smiling Face with Hearts, Hands Pressed Together and Party Face.
- iCloud Drive folder can now be shared from the Files app.
- Limiting access: controls have been added that allow you to grant access to the folder link only based on explicit invites.
- Permissions: that allow you to configure who can make changes and upload files and who can only view the content and download the files.
- Conversation view gets always-visible controls to delete, move, reply to or compose a message.
- Encrypted responses: are automatically encrypted of you reply to encrypted mails and S/MIME is configured.
App Store with Apple Arcade:
- Universal Purchase support: allows you to make a single purchase and use an app across all participating Apple devices.
- Arcade tab: displays recently played Arcade games. This allows you to easily resume playing from other Apple devices like iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
- See All Games: gets list view option.
CarPlay: gets CarPlay Dashboard support for third-party navigation apps. Also, the CarPlay Dashboard is now able to display in-call info.
Augmented Reality: AR Quick Look now supports audio playback in USDZ files.
Keyboard: app gets predictive typing support for Arabic language.
iOS 13.4 Bug Fixes And Improvements
Apple has included the following patches in this update:
1. VPN disconnected status bar is now available for iPhones with all-screen displays.
2. Camera issue fixed: black screen appearing in viewfinder after app launch.
3. Photos using excessive storage: fixed.
4. Photos can now be shared when iMessage is disabled. Bug has been patched.
5. Mail: conversation list showing empty rows. Fixed.
6. Mail: messages listing out of order. Fixed.
7. Mail: app crashing when tapping the Share button in Quick Look mode. Fixed.
8. Settings: Mobile Data displaying as Off, although it’s turned On. Fixed.
9. Safari: web pages not inverted when both Dark Mode and Smart Invert are active. Fixed.
10. Dark Mode: text copied from web content appear’s as invisible when pasted while Dark Mode is active. Fixed.
11. Safari: CAPTCHA tile displays incorrectly. Bug patched.
12. Reminders: not issuing new notifications for an overdue recurring reminder until it’s marked as completed. Patched.
13. Reminders: sending notifications for completed reminders. Solved.
14. iCloud Drive: is available in Pages, Numbers and Keynote even when not signed in. Security breach patched.
15. Apple Music: videos not streaming in high quality. Fixed.
16. CarPlay: losing connectivity in certain vehicles. Patched.
17. CarPlay: view in Maps moves away briefly from the current area. Solved.
18. Home app: tapping an activity notification from a security camera could open a different recording. Fixed.
19. Shortcuts: not offered as an option when tapping the Share menu from a screenshot. Solved.
20. Burmese keyboard: punctuation and symbols are now accessible from numbers and symbols. Improved.
Have you already upgraded to iOS 13.4? What’s your user experience so far?