The software update brings some spectacular new features like Car Key, Apple News+ audio stories, new Symptoms category in the Health app and much more.
iOS 13.6 is accompanied by iPadOS 13.6, watchOS 6.2.8, macOS Catalina 10.15.6, tvOS 13.4.8 and Homepod 13.4.8 firmware version.
All releases can be downloaded over-the-air, from the Settings app, just like any other iPhone or iPad software update.
Apple has also seeded an iOS 12.4.8 incremental update for older iPhone models that aren’t compatible with the 13th iOS generation.
This shows that devices like the 7-year-old iPhone 5S haven’t been forgotten!
How To Update To iOS 13.6 / iPadOS 13.6
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Browse for General -> Software Update.
3. Tap on Download and Install on the iOS 13.6 software update screen.
4. Provide your iPhone or iPad passcode and be patient until the new version is downloaded and prepared for installing.
5. Tap Install Now and wait for the installation to complete. The Apple logo is displayed on your iPhone’s screen and the device will automatically reboot before the procedure ends.
iOS 13.6 New Features
1. Digital Car Keys
Once you update to iOS 13.6 your iPhone can also turn in to a digital Car Key that’s used in lieu with a physical key on compatible cars.
BMW is Apple’s first partner. If you’re the happy owner of any 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, X5, X6, X7, X5M, X6M and Z4 BMW car model that’s manufactured after July 1, 2020 you can enjoy the following new features.
– Unlock, lock, and ‘ignite’ any compatible car with your iPhone.
– Share digital car keys quickly with iMessage.
– Use driver-specific profiles so you can configure shared keys for full-access or restricted driving.
– Securely remove digital keys from a lost device via iCloud.
Fact: Unlock and start your car with Power reserve for up to five hours after your iPhone runs out of battery.
2. Apple News Audio Stories are now available for News+ subscribers. The best
3. Apple News Today is a the free version for audio stories. It’s available for the day’s most important stories. You can also find it in the Podcasts app. is a new, free audio
Fact: new Audio tab in the News app makes it easy to find Apple News Today and Apple News+ audio stories.
Tip: CarPlay also supports Apple News Today and Apple News+ audio stories integration.
4. Apple News+ subscribers get more stories from local news providers.
Fact: Local news in the Today feed include extensive coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston and New York City.
Tip: Your Apple News daily newsletter can now be personalized with stories that interest you.
5. Health App Symptoms Category is now available. Log new symptoms like fever, chills, sore throat or coughing.
iOS 13.6 Bug Fixes
6. Adds a new setting to choose if updates automatically download to your iPhone or iPad when on Wi-Fi.
7. Addresses an issue that could cause apps to become unresponsive when syncing data from iCloud Drive.
8. Fixes an issue that could cause data roaming to appear to be disabled on eSIM even though it remained active.
9. Fixes an issue that causes some phone calls from Saskatchewan to appear as originating from the United States.
10. Addresses an issue that could interrupt audio when making phone calls over Wi-Fi Calling.
11. Fixes an issues that prevented some iPhone 6S and iPhone SE devices from registering for Wi-Fi Calling.
12. Resolves an issue that could cause the software keyboard to appear unexpectedly when connected to certain third-party hardware keyboards.
13. Fixes an issue that could cause Japanese hardware keyboards to be incorrectly mapped as a U.S. keyboard.
14. Addresses stability issues when accessing Control Center when Assistive Touch was enabled
15. Provides a mechanism for administrators to specify domains to exclude from traffic carried by always-on VPN connections.
Which is your favorite iOS 13.6 new feature? What about iPadOS 13.6? Share your feedback using the comments section available below!
Related: You might also want to update your Apple Watch to watchOS 6.2.8!