Apple has released the 2nd Beta of the upcoming iOS 14.3 / iPadOS 14.3 software update for iPhone and iPad. This version is now available for both Developers and Public Beta testers and can be downloaded over-the-air as long as the iOS 14 beta profile is installed on your device.
As usual, it fixes some bugs found in the previous versions and includes some new features. Because of the circumstances users are more eager to find out if a series of annoying iOS 14 bugs have been fixed, instead of uncovering the new features.
Does iOS 14.3 Beta 2 Fix Popular Bugs?
Below you have the list of the most common iPhone problems that are awaiting a software fix, along with their status in Beta 2:
- Text message notifications bug, randomly prevents notifications from being generated for iMessages and regular SMS, while sending read receipts to sender. Status: Not Fixed
- Photos app freezing and displaying poor quality images. Status: Fixed
- iPhone 12 display flickering a green tint when displaying pure black backgrounds, and brightness level is below 90%. Status: Not Fixed
- iPhone 12 No Service and poor cellular coverage. Status: Unconfirmed
- iPhone 12 Pro Max not charging wirelessly with MagSafe. Status: Unconfirmed
- iPhone 12 mini touch screen issues on Lock Screen. Status: Unconfirmed
iOS 14.3 Beta 2 New Features
- App Clip Code Scanning is now available. You can launch App Clips by scanning specific codes with the help of the Camera app or directly from the Control Center.
- Air-quality health recommendations are now available in the Weather app. They’re provided at specific air-quality levels. This feature is available in United States, UK, Germany, India, and Mexico.
Fact: the Air-quality data is now provided by BreezoMeter.
- Other Features From Beta 1: Apple ProRaw and a new search Engine option for Safari called Ecosia. More details about this changes are available in our iOS 14.3 Beta 1 review.
How To Upgrade To iOS 14.3 Beta 2
If you device is running the Beta 1, you only have to open the Settings app and browse for General -> Software Update. Tap Download and Install on the iOS 14.3 Beta 2 update screen and your device will upgrade to the new version over-the-air.
If you’re running the public iOS 14.2 release, you have to download the iOS 14 beta profile first to enroll in the iOS 14.3 beta program. A detailed step-by-step tutorial is available here.
iOS 14.3 Beta 2 Release Notes
As usual, Apple has also published release notes for this version. A known issue is mentioned:
iPadOS 14.3 beta 2 does not currently support Shared iPad. Do not install iPadOS 14.3 beta 2 to devices running in Shared iPad mode. (71392759)
To check out the full changelog tap here.
Have you installed iOS 14.3 Beta 2 on your device? Did you notice any new features or bug fixes that haven’t been mentioned in this article? Don’t hesitate to use the comments section and share your feedback.
Related: On of the latest features introduced in iOS 14 is advanced Shazam integration. Do you know that you can add a Shazam toggle to the Control Center?