Last updated on October 3rd, 2021 at 06:11 pmPosted in News by Patricia on September 28, 2021
Apple has released iOS 15.1 Beta 2 build number 19B5052f with bug fixes and improvements for all compatible iPhone models. This update comes exactly one week after the rollout of Beta 1 (19B5042h).
Among others it fixes an annoying iOS 15 bug that prevents iPhone 13 models from being unlocked with an Apple Watch while wearing a mask!
iOS 15.1 Beta 2 Download
Update: iOS 15.1 Public Beta 2 has been released. Follow this step-by-step guide to download and install it on any compatible iPhone.
How to: updating requires you to browse for Settings -> General -> Software Update. Tap on Download and Install, provide your iPhone’s Passcode, Agree with Apple’s Terms and follow the on-screen prompts while iOS 15.1 Beta 2 is requested, downloaded, prepared for update, verified and installed on your device!
Fact: Beta 2 update file size is 831.7 MB.
iOS 15.1 Beta 2 Features
Any changes noticed in this release will be mentioned here:
- To be updated
iOS 15.1 Beta 2 Release Notes
Apple mentions in the update log that this test version “contains bug fixes and improvements”. For more info you can read the official documentation!
Fact: Apple’s iOS 15.1 Release Notes web page is currently down:
“The page you’re looking for can’t be found.”
Update: iOS 15.1 Beta 2 release notes are now available!
iOS 15.1 Beta 2 Bugs
The most frequent problems reported in iOS 15 are listed below. We highlighted those fixed in Beta 2, those that remain unpatched as well as new bugs!
Below you have a list with the common glitches uncovered in iOS 15.0. Drop a comment if you had the time to test them out and noticed a fix. We’ll update it on the go!
- Safari video playback not working, black screen bug.
- iPhone 13 Tap to Wake bug
- Facebook Messenger videos flicker when playing.
- Siri AirPods Pro Controls not working
- Play/Pause playback controls don’t work while watching a video.
- Changing wallpapers via Shortcuts not available.
The list is populated as we manage to test out the known issues.
- Unable to communicate with Apple Watch error shown on iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max when trying to enable unlock with Apple Watch while wearing a mask! Has been addressed!
New issues discovered in this release are updated here:
- Ring Volume too low despite Volume set to maximum!
- Spotlight search crashing when starting a search with letters: k, a, s, v and more.
Have you updated iPhone to iOS 15.1 Beta 2? What’s your feedback? Did you spot any new features? What about bugs? Use the comments section to inform us!
Related: Apple has also released iPadOS 15.1 Beta 2 and watchOS 8.1 Beta 2 for compatible iPads and Apple Watches.