Apple has released the iOS 15.1 update with new features, improvements and bug fixes for all compatible iPhones. The build number is 19B74! This new release is available over-the-air in Settings!
iOS 15.1 Download
- Open Settings and tap on General -> Software Update.
- Go for Download and Install.
- Provide iPhone passcode and be patient while the iOS 15.1 update is requested, downloaded and prepared.
- Tap Install Now if required. The update is verified and installed on your device!
- iPhone reboots automatically when the software update completes.
Fact: The iOS 15.1 update file size is 1.44 GB, for the iPhone 13 Pro. Size varies depending on iPhone version and iOS version that your updating from!
iOS 15.1 Release Notes
Check the screenshot uploaded above for the full update log!
Fact: For the security content of this update you have to check Apple’s support website!
iOS 15.1 Features
- SharePlay is the main feature that’s enabled in iOS 15.1. It provides a new way of sharing experiences with friends and family in FaceTime.
- ProRes videos for iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max is also one of the main iOS 15.1 highlights.
- COVID-19 vaccination cards for Apple Wallet have been added too.
- New automation triggers for Home app, based on current reading of HomeKit-enabled humidity, air quality and light level sensors
- New pre-built actions for Shortcuts that allow you to overlay text on images or gifs.
- New collection of games allow you to kill time with Siri.
- Mandarine Chinese support for the Translate app and for system-wide translation.
- Notify when left behind temporarily paused for AirPods to save battery.
iOS 15.1 Bugs
This update includes a series of bug fixes and improvements:
Problems patched and mentioned in the iOS 15.1 release notes are:
- Photos app might falsely report storage is full when importing photos and videos.
- Weather app might not show current temperature in My Location and might display colors of animated backgrounds incorrectly.
- Audio playing from an app might pause when locking the screen.
- Wallet may unexpectedly quit when using VoiceOver with multiple passes.
- Available Wi-Fi networks may not be detected.
- Battery algorithms updated on iPhone 12 models to better estimate battery capacity over time.
Fix for: iPhone 12 battery health dropping faster than expected.
There are many other iOS 15 problems that we covered since the initial release. They’re listed below along with their status after this update:
- Notifications not working for many apps in iOS 15! (Status: -)
- iPhone storage bug displaying inaccurate calculations. (Status: -)
- Safari videos black screen when playing. (Status: -)
- iOS 15 Screen time bug displaying huge usage times. (Status: -)
- Do Not Disturb until I leave this location not working in iOS 15. (Status: -)
- Notify When Left Behind not supported, greyed out, for Apple Watch! (Status: -)
Hopefully this section will remain empty! Any new glitches uncovered in iOS 15.1 are mentioned here along with available workarounds or fixes. Use the comments section to report any issues:
- To be updated.
Have you updated iPhone to iOS 15.1? Have you encountered any problems? Do you have any questions? Use the comments section and share your feedback!