iOS 15 Beta 8 Features, Changes And Known Issues
Last updated on September 5th, 2021 at 04:10 pmPosted in News by Patricia on August 31, 2021
Apple has released iOS 15 Beta 8 build number 19A5340a (up from 19A5337a) for both Developers as well as Public Beta testers. This version focuses on under-the-hood improvements. No new features have been spotted, when compared to Beta 7, that was rolled out only 6 days ago!
iOS 15 Beta 8 Download
As usual with iPhone and iPad software releases the new versions are available over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Fact: The file size is 523.9 MB for iPhone 12 Pro.
Tip: The iOS 15 beta profile has to be installed on your device, for the beta updates to show up on the Software Update screen. If you’re updating from a public iOS 14 version, use this step-by-step guide to download iOS 15 Beta 8!
iOS 15 Beta 8 Changes
Maps: The Add Photos button for uploading an image for a certain location has been repositioned below the actions menu, making it more visible and suggestive.
- Mail app now shows custom domain aliases in the To: field.
New Splash Screens for the Podcasts and Translate app can be spotted in this release.
You can check out more iOS 15 splash screens here.
No other features have been reported yet in this release, when compared to Beta 7. If you spot anything don’t hesitate to inform us, using the comments option available at the end of this article.
You can check out new iOS 15 features reviewed here.
iOS 15 Beta 8 Release Notes
Apple also doesn’t mention any significant changes in the Developer beta release notes.
Fact: iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Public Beta versions are identical with the Developer releases.
iOS 15 Beta 8 Known Issues
Apple mentions the following problems spotted in previous iOS 15 test versions, that haven’t been fixed in Beta 8:
- Guided Access used with VoiceOver might not be able to be stopped because you can not enter the Guided Access passcode.
Workaround: Force restart iPhone to end Guided Access.
- Home Screen might glitch out when you cancel a search in the Widget gallery. The Cancel button might stick and blank out the gallery.
Workaround: Close and reopen the widget gallery.
- In Maps rounded building corners might not display properly.
- Safari might not be able to load the keyboard when tapping an input filed in a Safari Web Extension popup.
- Siri on-device speech recognition feature only supports the following languages:
English (US, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia),Chinese (Mandarin – China mainland).
iOS 15 Beta 8 Bugs
Any issues patched by this will be updated here. Don’t hesitate to contribute if you spot any solved problems or new bugs!
To be updated…
- AirPods not connecting to iPhone is a problem reported in previous beta. Feedback from our readers confirm that the Unsuccessful Connection issue still flares up in iOS 15 Beta 8!
- Third-party apps crashing while launching. For example, the AirBnb instantly crashes in iOS 15 Beta 8. This still happens after updating to AirBnB version 21.35. Do you encounter any other apps that crash when opening and are unusable in iOS 15 Beta 8?
- Share Wi-Fi Password keeps popping up every time the iPhone is unlocked although all nearby Apple devices are already connected to the same WiFi network! More details about this iOS 15 bug are available here. Are you also experiencing it?
- Accelerated battery drain has been also reported. Previous betas have shown good battery performace. Are you also encountering battery depletion problems? Use the comments section to share your feedback.
Have you updated to iOS 15 Beta 8? Did you spot a new feature or encountered a new bug? Use the comments section to share your feedback!
Related: Apple has also rolled out a new macOS Monterey Public Beta version as we approach the macOS 12 public release scheduled for this fall!
iPhone 12 Pro Max and Airpod Pro – After putting my airpods in the case to charge, I am presented with the connect popup. I have to physically reconnect my airpods to phone before each use. Intermittently no sound will come from airpods once connected to the phone. Not happy with this build so far.
Thanks for reporting. So, the AirPods act as if you would use the Forget Device option to unpair them from the iPhone and you have to reconnect them from scratch? Or you’re getting the Unsuccessful Connection popup that we could also replicate in Beta 7! In that case forgetting the device and re-adding it would fix the problem.
Couldn’t replicate the same issue on iPhone 12 Pro Beta 8 though.
Anyone else with the same problem?
Airpods doesn’t work on Beta 8 it just pop up and u meed to go to settings to pair how they will fix this
Vince, thanks for your feedback. You need to pair them from scratch every time you plan to use them?
For my airpods not automatically connecting – I was able to just tap the bluetooth button in the control center and my airpods immediately connected and gave me the in-ear sound. Hope I don’t have to do this every time though…
Thanks for this workaround James. We’ve provided a couple more in this article.
As soon as I installed it, it is draining my battery at about 2 to 3 times the normal speed.
Thanks for the feedback Angelo. Does anything stand out when you check the ‘Battery usage by app‘ in Settings -> Battery?
I went down in a cave an my 5G disappeared. I am not happy about this.
Appreciate the sarcasm. Did you come out to post this? or you got 4G instead?
Why do I hear loud system and haptic touch sounds on iphone 12 when volume is 0?
beta 8 still has this bug…
Does a reboot fix it?
Nothing helps. Imposible to fix it without an update…
Iphone 11, 12 mini, 12 pro also have the same issue…
Thanks for the follow up. Use the feedback app to report it.
P.S.: Does anyone else experience the same issue? I can’t replicate it on my end.
Thanks. Try to disable vibration. Used this feedback app but nobody seems to read reports.
Apple support confirmed this issue and suggested to wait an update… We even tried to do a factory reset…
similar issue 4 years ago https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/80669
Thanks for clarifying. When did this behavior start on your iPhone 12? Right after you installed the iOS 15 beta?
No. It started before on ios 14.
My iPhone 7 keeps hanging and then restarts. Then does the same thing over and over
Thanks for reporting. Is your iPhone low on storage?