Last updated on October 12th, 2022 at 02:19 amPosted in News by Patricia on October 10, 2022
Apple has released iOS 16.0.3 build number 20A392 for iPhone 8 and later models. It’s a minor but highly expected update that continues to fine tune the 16th iOS generation. Check out the bugs fixed, known issues, features, security updates and more!
iOS 16.0.3 Bugs Fixed
- 1. iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max delayed call and app notifications have been FIXED! (Please confirm in the comments!)
- 2. iPhone 14 CarPlay microphone issue has been FIXED! More details here.
- 3. iPhone 14 Pro camera lag when switching between Portrait, Photo and other modes has been
Update: katsudon claims that this issue as not being fixed! What’s your feedback?
- 4. Mail crashes on launch after receiving an email with a specific character string.
- 5. User Interface lag has been FIXED! Animation run much more smoother.
- 6. To be updated!
However, there are many other bugs and glitches that have been reported in iOS 16.0.2. Help us check them out and label them as FIXED or not.
Fact: Apple hasn’t released any Developer notes for iOS 16.0.3 yet. They might include some additional bug fixes! We’ll update the article as soon as this happens.
iOS 16.0.3 Security Updates
The security content confirms a Mail app patch that prevents maliciously crafted email message to cause denial-of-service. More details available here.
iOS 16.0.3 Issues
New problems surfacing in this version along with available workarounds are listed below. Known bugs that haven’t been fixed are also included:
- 1. Haptics might stop working after update.
Fix: Force restart device.
- 2. Keyboard dictation not working on iPhone 13 Pro Max after update! Reported by cwosigns.
Fix: Reboot iPhone.
- 3. iPhone might enter Data Recovery mode after update!
Fix: Be patient, it should self recover within a couple of minutes! More details here.
- 4. Siri not working on iPhone after iOS 16.0.3 update. Reported by kiratypes.
- 5. To be updated!
Older iOS 16 Problems
- 1. Touch screen issues on older iPhone models with aftermarket screen replacement. (Status: Not fixed) Reported by Rimshad.
- 2. iPhone screen flickering when typing on grey backgrounds and low brightness on iPhone with non-Pro Motion display. (Status: Not fixed) – Reported by Enzo.
- 3. Allow Paste popups triggered every time when copy/pasting between apps. (Status: Not Fixed). Reported by Arron.
- 4. iPhone 14 Pro black box stuck at the top of the screen. (Status: -)
- 5. Battery drain issues caused by lack of optimization and apps running in the background. More details here. (Status: Not fixed.) Reported by Sahota.
- 6. iPhone 14 Pro camera clicking in Instagram. More details here. (Status: Not Fixed.) Reported by Joao.
- 7. iPhone 14 black screen issue. (Status: -)
- 8. Books app listing books as new although you’ve read them before! (Status: Not fixed!)
- 9. GPS crashes on iPhone when using CarPlay!
- 10. SOS only carrier service drop in iOS 16. (Status: Not fixed!)
- 11. iMessages not working texts sent as SMS although ‘Send as SMS’ is turned Off in Settings. (Status: Not fixed!) Reported by seansushi.
- 12. iPhone 14 Pro UI glitches:
– duplicate Dynamic Island showing up below the original when switching between apps.
– corners of notification cards on Lock Screen aren’t rounded.
iOS 16.0.3 Features
As shown above, this update focuses on bug fixes and security improvements. We don’t expect any new features, those are expected in iOS 16.1. However, any changes spotted in this version are highlighted here:
- Modem Firmware: 1.00.05 to 1.00.08 (on iPhone 14 Pro Max)
- To be updated! (Contribute in the comments.)
iOS 16.0.3 Update
- This release is available over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install, provide iPhone Passcode and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Be patient until the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and deployed on your iPhone.
iOS 16.0.3 Not Available?
Update not showing in the Software Update section? This can happen if iPhone is already running an iOS 16.1 test version.
Fix: To install iOS 16.0.3 you have to downgrade iOS 16.1 as described here.
Unable to check for update? This error shows if your device is running an iOS 16.1 beta version and you’ve deleted the iOS 16 Beta Profile. To fix it you have to either, reinstall the iOS 16 Configuration Profile or downgrade. More details available here.
iOS 16.0.3 Update & Review Video
For more details check our YouTube review too:
Have you installed iOS 16.0.3 on iPhone? Did you spot any changes or bugs that aren’t covered in this article? Share your feedback in the comments! We’re happy to help!
Related: Apple has also released watchOS 9.0.2 (20R383) for the Apple Watch 4 and later! Check out our extended review here.