Apple has released iOS 16.1 beta 5 build number 20B5072b to Developers and Public Beta testers. This update precedes the iOS 16.1 RC version and the public release, expected towards the end of October. Check out common problems, bugs fixed, features improvements and more!
iOS 16.1 Beta 5 Problems
- 1. Live activities still not available in the TV App.
- 2. Lock screen wallpapers change position. This messes up with the depth effect. Reported by metroidmen.
- 3. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: For more iOS 16.1 beta 5 issues you can also check the Developer release notes!
iOS 16.1 Beta 5 Features
Changes when compared to Beta 4 are highlighted below:
- 1. Modem firmware up from 1.13.01 to 1.13.02 (on iPhone 14 Pro Max) | 2.12.01 to 2.12.02 (on iPhone 13 Pro)
- 2. To be updated!
iOS 16.1 Beta 5 Bugs Fixed
Problems addressed in this version are mentioned here:
- 1. VPN services are working in this beta. Reported by this redditor.
- 2. Cellular coverage has been improved, new modem firmware fixes Beta 4 issues.
- To be updated!
iOS 16.1 Beta 5 Download
How To: You can grab the Public Beta profile from Apple’s Beta Software Program platform. A step-by-step guide is available here.
Important: Before you update make sure that you perform a full backup of your device!
Have you installed iOS 16.1 beta 5 on your device? Did you notice any changes not covered in this article? What about new issues or other bugs fixed? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also released iPadOS 16 beta 12 (20B5072b), macOS 13 beta 11 (22A5373b) and tvOS 16.1 beta 5 (20K5068a).