Last updated on December 3rd, 2022 at 05:31 pmPosted in News by Mike on December 1, 2022
Apple has released iOS 16.2 beta 4 build number 20C5058d for Developers. Public Beta is available too! Check out the new features, bugs fixed, ongoing issues, and new problems as Apple continues to fine tune 16.2 for the public release.
iOS 16.2 Beta 4 Issues
Unaddressed problems, as well as new bugs are listed here, together with available workarounds:
- 1. Notification Center bugs reported by a large number of Reddit users.
- 2. Games still stuttering.
- 3. Volume buttons not working during audio call on Whatsapp, Telegram when audio is off.
- 4. CarPlay not working, can’t be recognized for Frisco408.
- 5. Spatial Audio Head Tracking not working after update. Reported by Reddit user.
Fix: Bring AirPods back in the case wait 10 seconds, get them back and reconnect.
- 6. Sleep Alarm button overlapping fullscreen album art. Reported on Reddit.
- 7. Notification Center glitches out in landscape mode.
- 8. System Services uses Location Services all the time after update. Reported on Twitter.
- 9. AirPlay not working when external display is connected. Reported by Tux234.
Fix: This doesn’t seem to be a bug, but new intended behavior from Apple.
- 10. AOD turns off after a couple of seconds when iPhone is charging for Brandon.
- 11. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.2 Beta 4 Features
Improvements added in this update when compared to Beta 3 are showcased here:
- 1. Older notifications are shown in Notification Center again, when you swipe-down from the top-left corner of the screen!
- 2. To be updated!
iOS 16.2 Beta 4 Bugs Fixed
- 1. Stage Manager with External Display issue, when dragging a second window to the workspace incorrectly hides the Recent Apps list and shoifts all windows in the workspace to the right, has been fixed!
- 2. YouTube rotation animation issue fixed.
- 2. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: More info about known issues and bugs fixed are available in the Apple’s Developer release notes.
iOS 16.2 Beta 4 Download
Update: The rollout is also downloadable to Public Beta testers too. To get it you have to enroll with the Apple Beta Software Program platform.
Tip: Never installed an iOS beta on your device? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Have you updated iOS 16.2 Beta 4 on iPhone or iPad? Spotted any changes not mentioned in this article? What about other bugs fixed or new problems? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iPadOS 16.2 beta 4 (20C5058d), macOS Ventura 13.1 beta 4 (22C5059b), watchOS 9.2 beta 4 (20S5357b) and tvOS 16.2 beta 4 (20K5357b).