Last updated on July 12th, 2022 at 05:48 pmPosted in News by Patricia on July 11, 2022
Apple has released the much awaited iOS 16 Public Beta build number 20A5312j! This means that anyone owning an iPhone 8 or newer can download and install an iOS 16 test version and check out all the new features unveiled at WWDC 2022 and expected for this fall.
Important: Before starting please make sure that you have a full backup of your iPhone stored in iTunes or iCloud. Be aware that beta software comes with bugs, lacks in performance and stability!
iOS 16 Public Beta Download
- 1. Sign in / Sign up, using your Apple ID, in your account on the Apple Beta Software Program platform.
- 2. Tap enroll your iOS device, available under Get Started, in the iOS 16 section.
- 3. Go for Download profile.
- 4. Allow your iPhone to download the iOS 16 Beta Profile.
- 5. Install the profile and allow your device to Restart.
iOS 16 Public Beta Install Guide
6. Open Settings and browse for General -> Software Update.
7. Tap Download and Install. Be patient until iOS 16 Public Beta update is requested, downloaded and prepared for update.
8. Tap Install Now, Agree with Apple’s terms and be patient until the update is verified and deployed on your iPhone.
Tip: Status bar under Apple logo shows the progress. The bar has to be filled twice. iPhone automatically reboots when update completes!
iOS 16 Public Beta Features
Below you can check out the new features, that premiere in this Public Beta and the revised Developer Beta 3:
- Full-Screen Music Player for Lock Screen now available on iPhone. Album art is shown front and center. A small music player is available below. It includes music playback controls. The album art influences the color of the Lock Screen background.
- To be updated!
iOS 16 Public Beta Bug Fixes
If your iPhone is running iOS 16 Developer Beta 3 you will be happy to update to the revised version or the Public Beta because it comes with two important bug fixes:
- Video calls not working in third party apps has been FIXED!
- Search in Messages not working has been also patched!
Tip: More info available in the Developer release notes.
iOS 16 Public Beta Issues
New problems surfacing in this release are detailed below. Please report them to us in the comments section. We will try to replicate and find workarounds:
- To be updated!
Have you updated iPhone to iOS 16 Public Beta? What’s your feedback? Which are your favorite new features? What about bugs? Do you have any suggestions? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: Apple has also rolled out iPadOS 16 Public Beta (20A5312j), watchOS 9 Public Beta, macOS Ventura 13 Public Beta, tvOS 16 Public Beta and HomePod 16 Public Beta!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iPadOS 16 Public Beta (20A5312j), watchOS 9 Public Beta (20R5316f), macOS Ventura 13 Public Beta (22A5295i), tvOS 16 Public Beta (20J5328g) and HomePod 16 Public Beta.