Last updated on September 18th, 2022 at 08:49 amPosted in News by Patricia on September 15, 2022
Apple has silently released iOS 16.0.1 build number 20A371 with bug fixes and last minute fine tunes for the new iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro devices. Check out bugs fixed, enhancements and problems that you might encounter in this release!
iOS 16.0.1 Not Available?
Release not showing up in Settings -> General -> Software Update? That’s because this version is exclusive to the 2022 iPhone flagships!
iOS 16.0.1 is bringing the last minute iOS 16 the new iPhones to the iOS 16.0 version that’s already available for everyone else. The initial iPhone 14 batches have been pre-installed with an earlier iOS 16 beta version.
Tip: You can download iOS 16.0.1 ipsw files from ipsw.me (direct link). However, there are only four devices supported, the ones mentioned above!
iOS 16.0.1 Problems
Check out all the issues reported in iOS 16.0 which will most likely surface in this version too.
- 1. Cannot Verify AirPods popup is trigger by genuine AirPods too.
Fix: Un-pair and re-pair AirPods as shown here.
- 2. WiFi not working properly, frequently disconnecting, no traffic even with Wi-Fi icon displayed in the status bar.
Fix: Toggle Airplane Mode On and Off to force iPhone to reconnect to network.
- 3. Remind Me messages don’t show at the top of the messages list in Mail, when they get triggered.
Workaround: Reload Inbox.
- 4. Duplicates not available in Utilities section of the Photos app. Reported by Michael S. (iPhone 13 Pro Max UK.) and a dozen others. Dedicated page for this issue is available here!
Fix: Be patient. Apparently iOS 16 requires time to analyze all photos. Duplicates should show up within 48 hours after updating.
- 6. Assistive Touch button not moving after update. Reported by lucinda and several others.
Fix: Turn feature Off and back On. More details available here.
- 7. Home Screen folder navigation not working. Swipe-left gesture not recognized. Reported by Damian
- 8. App would like to paste from request keeps popping up. Reported by Emilia
Fix: Update third-party apps from App Store. More details about this issue are available here.
- 9. iPhone 14 Pro camera shaking and making a strange noise when opened via third-party apps. Reported by Zoe.
Fix: In Snapchat switch to front camera, close app, reopen and switch back to main camera. More details about this annoying iPhone 14 Pro problem over here.
- 10. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iOS 16.0.1 Bugs
Issues occurring only on the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models are listed here:
- 1. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: Apple hasn’t updated any details about the security content of this update in its Apple.com security updates section.
iOS 16.0.1 Features
Exclusive iPhone 14 & 14 Pro features are mentioned here:
- 1. To be updated!
Have you received your brand new iPhone 14? Are you seeing the iOS 16.0.1 update? What’s your feedback? Please report bugs in the comments section of this article!
Related: Apple has also rolled out iOS 16.1 beta. Check our extended review over here.