Apple has rolled out iPadOS 15.0.2 build number 19A404, alongside iOS 15.0.2 and watchOS 8.0.1. This is the 2nd minor update since the public release of iPadOS 15. It comes with bug fixes and important security updates for all compatible iPads!
iPadOS 15.0.2 Download
- This update is available over-the-air in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Provide iPad Passcode and be patient until iPadOS 15.0.2 is requested, downloaded and prepared for update.
- Tap Install Now, or allow the timer to lapse and stand by why the update is verified and deployed on your device.
- The screen turns black, the Apple logo is displayed on the screen and the progress bar shows the status. iPad will automatically restart to mark the end of the update process.
iPadOS 15.0.2 Bug Fixes
- Photos saved from Messages are deleted after the source conversation thread is erased.
- AirTag not appearing in the Find My Items tab.
- Device restore or update not working when using Finder or iTunes for iPad mini (6th gen).
Fact: For the security content of this update tap here or check the screenshot available nearby.
iPadOS 15.0.2 Bugs
iPadOS 15 did come with many other issues listed below. Apple did not confirm a fix for them, but still they might have been patched in this update. Please check them out and let us know if they appear to be fixed at your end:
- Safari video black screen issue during playback.
- Quick Notes not working on all iPadOS 15 compatible iPads.
- Hearing aids not connecting to iPad.
- Find My location for People not updating in iPadOS 15.
- iPad storage calculations not accurate.
- White widgets on iPad Home Screen.
iPadOS 15.0.2 Features
Apple doesn’t mention any new features in the release notes, but small changes might still be available. If you notice something worth mentioning don’t hesitate to let us know.
Have you updated your iPad to iPadOS 15.0.2? Do you notice any change that’s not highlighted in this article? Use the comments section and let us know about it.
Related: This is how to fix Quick Notes not working in iPadOS 15!