Last updated on January 6th, 2023 at 05:14 amPosted in News by Mike on December 13, 2022
Apple has released iPadOS 16.2 build number 20C65 for all compatible iPad models! This update brings new features, improvements as well as bug fixes and security patches. Check them all out here along with known issues and new problems!
iPadOS 16.2 Issues
- 1. Games stuttering in this version too when ProMotion is enabled as reported by this user!
Fix: Limit ProMotion frame rate in Settings -> Accessibility -> Display Accommodations -> Limit Frame Rate
- 2. Confirm iPad passcode to keep using iCloud keeps popping up for Carl.
Fix: Remove configuration profile or change passcode as explained here.
- 3. Widgets stack gets new widgets added randomly to the stack (mostly Photos app) is a iPadOS 16.2 issue reported by Christensen.
- 4. Stage Manager external monitor dropping connection randomly as often as every 20-30 minutes. Also reported by Christensen.
- 5. HDMI 2.0 compatibility issues with external monitor. Monitor not recognized correctly and a wrong resolution is displayed as a result. Reported by Christensen.
Workaround: Use USB-C to DP cable (Display Port).
- 6. Apps displaying incorrectly in Stage Manager on iPad and they can re resized to such an extent that the GUI displays outside of the screen real estate. Reported by Christensen.
- 7. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iPadOS 16.2 Features
- 1. Freeform – for iPhone, iPad and Mac. It’s a whiteboard app for sketching, drawing, notes and more. It emphasizes collaboration between participants.
- 2. Stage Manager – for iPad with External Display – Stage Manager is back to M1 and M2 iPads connected to an external display. Up to 8 apps can be used for multitasking. A new option allows you to drag a window from iPad to an external display and vice versa.
- 3. Apple Music Sing – An all new karaoke experience for you and your family available on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. More details here.
- 4. Advanced Data Protection for iCloud – up to 23 iCloud data categories encrypted end-to end including Backup, Notes and Photos. (Requires software update to all devices connected to your Apple ID, to be enabled.). More details here.
- 5. Game Center – Share Play support and Activity Widget for Home Screen.
- 6. Home – New app architecture provides faster and more stable performance in homes with many smart accessories. It comes hand in hand with the new Matter standard.
- 7. Search photos in Messages targeting content like objects, animals, or people from the image..
- 8. AirTag Tracking Notifications when the tracker, that’s separated from its owner is nearby and has recently played a chime to indicate it is moving.
- 9. Temporary Disable iCloud Private Relay for a specific site in Safari using Turn Off Hide IP Address.
- 10. News Articles in Weather provide info about weather in that location.
- 11. Participant Cursors in Notes show live info when participants update a shared note.
- 12. AirDrop Everyone for 10 Minutes instead of AirDrop Everyone limits the time that a device is exposed to receiving airdrops from any other nearby Apple device.
- 13. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
iPadOS 16.2 Bugs Fixed
More than 10 issues have been reported for iPadOS 16.1.1. Those that have been fixed are listed below:
- 1. Notes not syncing with iCloud after updates are made. (Confirmed in the release notes.)
- 2. Multi-Touch gestures unresponsive when Zoom is enabled. (Confirmed in the release notes.)
- 3. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: There are a bunch of security fixes included with this update. You can review them in Apple’s support document available here.
iPadOS 16.2 Update
- 1. This release is available, over-the-air, in Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 2. Tap Download and Install and provide your iPad’s passcode.
- 3. Be patient while the update is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your device.
Fact: iPad reboots when the update process ends. Input your passcode and enjoy this new version!
Have you updated iPadOS 16.2 on iPad? Did you spot any other changes not mentioned in this article? What about other bugs fixed or new problems no covered yet? Share your feedback in the comments and we will try to provide the best workarounds!