Last updated on May 10th, 2017 at 10:02 amPosted in Accessories, Reviews by Vlad on November 30, 2016
With FaceTime, WhatsApp video calling, social media websites and Pokemon GO on the line, one is very likely not to make it through the day with a full charging cycle. That’s when a backup battery comes to the rescue. There are numerous types of external batteries available out there, but today I’m going to review the iWalk Extreme Trio 10000, a power bank that’s especially designed for the iPhone and iPad.
How Do Power Banks Work?
These external batteries have to be charged with the help of a computer or a wall outlet. Depending on their size they’re able to store a certain number of mAh. That’s electrical charge which can be used to fuel your smartphone’s battery or any other wearable, like the Apple Watch.
What’s great about them is that you can charge multiple devices in the same time. External batteries like the iWalk Trio 10000 are able to sustain up to 8-full iPhone charging cycles.
iWalk Extreme Trio 10000 Features
This ultra-slim power bank comes with a series of benefits that make it stand out from the crowd:
– Lightning Connector: First of all its iOS oriented because it comes with a built-in Lightning connector. This spares you from carrying the iPhone’s charging cable, as you would have to with other standard external batteries available on the market.
– Micro USB Cable: More, Trio 10000 is also equipped with an Micro USB cable that you can use for charging Android devices and other non-Apple smartphones. The two connectors are nicely fitted on the sides of the power bank, making the unit look and feel premium.
– Simultaneous Charging: iWalk Extreme power bank can charge up to 3 smart devices in the same time. The two built-in cables can charge simultaneously an iPhone, a Micro USB device. Along this you’ll find a third Universal USB port in the bottom left corner of the device, that you can use to plug-in a third terminal, which can be a second iPhone or iPad. However, for the third unit, you do need an extra lightning connector.
– Backlit LCD Display: A helpful mini-screen placed at the bottom of the battery pack informs you about the power reserve available in your external battery, estimated charging time when filling up the external battery, as well as the device charging current.
– 10,000 mAh: The 3.7V Li-polymer battery enclosed in the black or white casing can store up to 10,000 mAH which is enough to charge any iPhone model at least 4 times. It can also almost support a full iPad charging cycle.
iWalk Extreme Trio 10000 Specs
Colors: Black, White and Gold
Weight: 7.91 oz (224.5 g)
Size: 5.7 x 3.1 x 0.5 in (145 x 78 x 13 mm)
DC-IN: 5V / 1.0 A – 2.4 A
DC-OUT: 5V / 3.4 A (Total / Max) [Universal USB Port: 0.5 – 2.4 A | Built-in Micro USB: 0.5 – 2.4 A | Built-in Lightning: 0.5 – 2.4 A]