Last updated on December 11th, 2022 at 04:23 pmPosted in News by Tyrone on December 7, 2022
Apple has released macOS 13.1 RC build number 22C65 for Developers. Public Beta will be available soon! Check out the new features and improvements, bugs fixed, ongoing issues and new problems, days before the public release of this first significant macOS Ventura update!
Update: macOS Ventura 13.1 release date is Tuesday, December 13, 2022!
macOS 13.1 Features
Improvements announced for this version are highlighted here:
- 1. Freeform app – for Mac, iPhone and iPad. It’s a whiteboard app for sketching, drawing, notes and more. It emphasizes collaboration between participants.
- 2. Advanced Data Protection for iCloud – up to 23 iCloud data categories encrypted end-to end including Backup, Notes and Photos.
- 3. Game Center – Share Play support for multiplayer games allowing you to play with people that you’re engaged with in a FaceTime call.
- 4. Home – New app arhitecture provides faster and more stable performance in homes with many smart accessories. It comes hand in hand with the new Matter standard.
- 5. To be updated!
macOS 13.1 RC Issues
Unsolved problems, as well as new bugs are listed here, along with available workarounds:
- 1. System Settings freezes frequently for metroidmen.
Workaround: Force quit and reopen.
- 2. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 13.1 RC Bugs Fixed
Problems solved in this version are highlighted below:
- 1. Endpoint Security fix for third-party security products that might lose Full Disk Access authorization and stop functioning, even if the product remains visible in System Settings. Authorization granted via MDM isn’t affected.
- 2. Safari tabs disappearing when dragged out of a tab group has been fixed!
- 3. Widgets working properly in Notifications Center.
- 4. External display issues seem to be fixed in this version.
- 5. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: More info about known issues and bugs fixed are available in Apple’s Developer release notes.
macOS 13.1 RC Download
Soon: This build will be available to Public Beta testers too! To get it, you have to enroll with the Apple Beta Software Program platform.
Tip: Never installed a macOS beta on your computer? Here is a step-by-step guide!
Have you updated macOS Ventura 13.1 RC on Mac? Spotted any changes not mentioned in this article? What about other bug fixes or new issues? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: Apple has also seeded iPadOS 16.2 & iOS 16.2 RC (20C65), watchOS 9.2 RC (20S361) and tvOS 16.2 RC (20K362).