Last updated on January 6th, 2023 at 05:33 amPosted in News by Tyrone on December 13, 2022
Apple has released macOS 13.1 build number 22C65 for all compatible Macs and MacBooks! Check out the new features and improvements, bugs fixed, ongoing issues and new problems ongoing in Ventura!
macOS 13.1 Issues
Before you update, you might want to check the problems reported for this release. We’re tracking them here along with available workarounds:
- 1. System Settings freezes frequently for metroidmen.
Workaround: Force quit and reopen.
- 2. Drag & drop icons not working after this update for this Reddit user.
Workaround: Use a mouse instead of trackpad or hold down option key.
- 3. Links open in Safari although Chrome or Firefox are set as default web browsers. Reported by Dangit2023, Taavi and Pete.
Reported to Apple: Feedback no. FB11876607
Suggested Fix: Re-Install Ventura in Safe Mode (not confirmed).
- 4. Quick Look not working anymore after macOS 13.1 update. Reported by Francisco.
Fix: Reboot Mac should fix it. Additional fix is available here.
- 5. Password box not showing up after rebooting Mac for Tony.
Workaround: Type password in the blind and you will be able to sign in.
- 6. Chrome not working after macOS 13.1 update. Reported by Dennis.
Fix: Delete Chrome, restart Mac and reinstall Chrome.
- 7. Terms and Conditions can’t be confirmed in System Settings -> General -> Software Update for Dennis.
- 8. Password not working after macOS 13.1 update for David.
- 9. Focus filter not working in Messages on Mac running macOS Ventura for Ttnaka.
- 10. External screens disconnecting every 10 minutes is an macOS 13.1 issue reported by TwanoO.
Temporary fix: Disconnect/reconnect USB-C docking station.
- 11. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
macOS 13.1 Features
Improvements and changes included in this version are listed here:
- 1. Freeform app – for Mac, iPhone and iPad. It’s a whiteboard app for sketching, drawing, notes and more. It emphasizes collaboration between participants.
- 2. Advanced Data Protection for iCloud – up to 23 iCloud data categories encrypted end-to end including Backup, Notes and Photos.
- 3. Game Center – Share Play support for multiplayer games allowing you to play with people that you’re engaged with in a FaceTime call.
- 4. Home – New app arhitecture provides faster and more stable performance in homes with many smart accessories. It comes hand in hand with the new Matter standard.
- 5. To be updated!
macOS 13.1 Bugs Fixed
Problems solved in this version are highlighted below:
- 1. Endpoint Security fix for third-party security products that might lose Full Disk Access authorization and stop functioning, even if the product remains visible in System Settings. Authorization granted via MDM isn’t affected. (Confirmed in release notes)
- 2. Safari tabs disappearing when dragged out of a tab group has been fixed!
- 3. Widgets working properly in Notifications Center.
- 4. External display issues seem to be fixed in this version.
- 5. Ventura printer problems have been solved for Douglas. Printer Drivers for both EPSON Stylus Photo R280 and ET-8550 are enabled and work perfectly after this update.
- 6. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Fact: There are a lot of security fixes included in this update. You can check them all out in Apple’s security document.
macOS Ventura 13.1 Update
- 1. This release is available, over-the-air, in System Settings -> General -> Software Update for all compatible Macs and MacBooks.
- 2. Click Update Now and follow the on-screen prompts.
- 3. Update will be requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your computer.
Fact: Mac reboots when the upgrade process completes. Provide password and enjoy version 13.1!
Have you updated macOS Ventura 13.1 on Mac? Noticed any new features not mentioned in this article? What about other bugs fixed or new issues? Share your feedback in the comments!