macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Software Update Now Available
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 has high chances of being the last update of the macOS Catalina version, as Apple has announced the release of macOS Big Sur, this fall. It could be in fact the last update for the entire macOS version 10 generation, which was also formerly labeled OS X and Mac OS X. Our macOS Big Sur beta tests have confirmed that the upcoming operating system for Macs will be labeled macOS 11.0!
How To Upgrade To macOS Catalina 10.15.6
1. On your Mac, click the Apple logo available in the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Click on Software Update.
4. Review the update log, by clicking on ‘More info…’. Hit Update Now to start the update process.
Fact: Be patient until macOS Catalina 10.15.6 is downloaded, unpacked and installed on your computer. Your Mac will automatically reboot to conclude the installation process.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 New Features
The only new things mentioned by Apple as new in this software update are Apple News related.
– The Today feed gets a Local News section with detailed coverage for cities like San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City.
– Extra stories from local news providers available with Apple News+ subscription.
– The Apple News daily newsletter can be personalized with stories that matter for you.
Fact: Surprisingly, the Apple News+ audio stories coming in iOS 13.6 aren’t also available for Macs.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Enhancement:
– brings and option that allows users to optimize video streaming for HDR-compatible Mac notebooks. This option leads to improved battery life.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Bug Fixes
– Patches a bug that could change the name of your Mac after a software update is installed.
– Fixes an issues that was causing some USB devices like mouses and trackpads to disconnect from your Mac.
Fact: This bug was affecting USB 2.0 devices when used with the new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models.
More details about the features of this update can be found in Apple’s support document. The security content is available here.
Have you updated your computer to macOS Catalina 10.15.6? What’s your feedback? Let us know in the comments section available below.
Related: macOS 11.0 beta testing is ongoing. Learn how to install macOS Big Sur beta on your computer!