One of them promises to fix a stability issue, by patching a bug that was causing virtualization apps to crash.
The other resolves a problem that was causing the new 2020 iMac to appear washed out after waking from sleep.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update can be downloaded and installed as any other software update from the Mac App Store, via System Preferences, using the step-by-step guide available below.
How To Install macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update
1. Open System Preferences on your Mac. Either from the Dock, or by clicking the Apple logo available in the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Click on Software Update.
3. Click Update Now, on the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update screen.
4. Be patient until the update is downloaded and installed on your Apple computer. The Mac will automatically restart when the update process is completed.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update Log
This minor update is presented as one that “includes bug fixes for your Mac.” You can read the full update log below:
“macOS Catalina 10.15.6 supplemental update includes bug fixes for your Mac.
– Fixes a stability issue that could occur when running virtualization apps
– Resolves an issue where an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) may appear washed out after waking from sleep”
What do you think, is this the last update of the entire macOS 10 generation? As you might already know Apple is currently beta testing macOS Big Sur, also labeled as macOS 11. The public release is scheduled for this fall.