Last updated on November 2nd, 2022 at 05:39 amPosted in News by Tyrone on October 24, 2022
Apple has released macOS Ventura 13 with build number 22A380. It’s a major update that brings lots of new features and improvements as well as plenty issues and glitches. Our extended review is available here!
macOS Ventura Issues
Before you update to macOS 13, check this list of problems reported by users that have already upgraded. We’re also adding workarounds and troubleshooting options when available:
- 1. Wifi not working after macOS 13 update. Reported by Andrew. (Intel 2020 MacBook Pro)
Fix: Make Wi-Fi service active as shown here.
- 2. Continuity camera not working. iPhone camera not showing up as option in FaceTime. Reported by Liam.
Fix: Place iPhone in ‘magic’ pose and turn screen off. More details available here.
- 3. Mail attachments don’t display properly. They show as white (blank) documents. However, they open properly. Reported by Darko.
- 4. Windows Server crashing randomly when using the command+tab combo. User gets logged out when this happens. Reported by Reddit user.
- 5. External display resolution problems. Samsung U28E590, which has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 , is stuck at 1080p. Using the monitor as second display works normally, however when MacBook is closed the resolution decreases significantly. Reported by speedracer.
Workaround: Bypass any USB-C hub that you’re using and connect using HDMI port, or use SwitchResX.
- 6. System Settings not expanding horizontally.
Fact: This doesn’t seem like a bug, but an intended behavior. Expanding only works vertically in this version.
- 7. ProMotion not working in macOS Ventura. Reported by tnnrk.
Fix: Turn Off Low Power Mode.
- 8. Stage Manager glitches.
Fix: Restart Mac.
- 9. System Settings search not working for Linda (MacBook Air).
Fix: Restart computer.
- 10. Placing signature above quoted text does not work in Mail. Reported by Kevin.
- 11. Outlook attachments not adding after macOS Ventura update for Jamie
Potential fix: Update Outlook app in the App Store.
- 12. Mac battery drains while sleeping for Romain
Fix: Kill apps and processes that are preventing sleep on your computer as shown here.
- 13. Mac cursor freezing after macOS Ventura update. Reported by Nonette (MacBook Air M1)
Fix: Check out these tips.
- 14. Word and Excel files cannot be opened after macOS 13 Update on 2019 Macs. Reported by Samuel.
- 15. macOS Ventura Sign-in screen loading for too long after update. Reported by Mia.
Fix: Turn off FileVault as shown here.
- 16. System Data large values in System Settings -> General -> Storage for Jose. More details here.
- 17. Extension internal error when deleting files from desktop or trying to uninstall an app.
- 18. To be updated! (Contribute in the comments!)
Tip: For more known issues please check Apple’s Developer release notes.
macOS Ventura Download
- macOS 13.0 is available, over-the-air, in System Preferences -> Software Update.
- Click Upgrade Now and follow the on-screen prompts to request, download, prepare, verify and install macOS Ventura on Mac!
Tip: macOS 13 includes a lot of security fixes! You can review them all in Apple’s security document published for this update.
macOS Ventura Not Available?
Apple might drip-feed this update and users from different regions might get macOS 13 with a slight delay to prevent servers from clogging too bad.
If you’re encountering any issues please report it in the comments!
macOS Ventura Features
- Stage Manager for improved efficiency when using multiple apps and windows.
- Clock and Weather Apps imported from iOS.
- Rich Spotlight results that include images, links and more from your computer and the web.
- New System Settings app.
- Continuity Camera and Desk View – allows you to attach your iPhone to your Mac and use its main camera as FaceTime camera.
- Shared Photo Library and Shared Tab Groups.
- Rich links, Undo Send and Improved Search in Mail.
- Edit texts in Messages.
- Live Captions in FaceTime and FaceTime Handooff.
- Buddy Controller.
Have you installed macOS Ventura 13.0 on Mac? What’s your feedback? Have you noticed any changes not mentioned in this article? What about new bugs? Share your findings in the comments!