Last updated on August 15th, 2022 at 06:03 amPosted in Reviews by Tyrone on August 10, 2022
macOS Ventura Public Beta 3 build number 22A5321d is now available, exactly one day after the release of macOS 13 Developer Beta 5. The two versions are identical and that’s confirmed by the build number. So are the new features, problems and bug fixes.
macOS Ventura Public Beta 3 Problems
Let’s start with the new issues, because they’re an important factor if you decide to update or not:
powerdprocess consuming up to 100% CPU after installation. This is a Mail related process that you can find in the Activity Monitor.
Fix: Run the following code in Terminal to stop it:
sudo pmset schedule cancelall
- 2. WiFi not working after Public Beta 3 update. WiFi switch is greyed out in menu bar. | Reported by elopedthought on MacRumors.
- 3. Spotlight search not showing up after update when pressing cmd + Space Bar.| Reported by Raff on our Dev Beta 5 review page.
- 4. Mail search not working, crashes. | Reported by: Helge
- 5. Mac reboots in Sleep mode, after closing the lid in macOS Ventura PB 3. Reported by Macbookguy
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
Credits: user_already_taken on Reddit.
- To be updated!
macOS Ventura Public Beta 3 Bug Fixes
Check out the problems that have been addressed by this release:
- Create and Connect to a new VPN now works in this release as reported in our Dev Beta 5 review.
- To be updated! (If you notice any other fixes please mention them in the comments)
Tip: You can also check the Developer release notes for more info!
macOS Ventura Public Beta 3 Features
Not many changes have been spotted when compared to the previous beta:
- Apple Music Splash Screen pops up the first time you open the app after the update informing you about What’s New in Apple Music. Introducing Favorites, Your Favorites In Listen Now and New Music Updates are highlighted.
- Set Timers with Siri on Mac is now available thanks to macOS Ventura. Reported by whywhyrai on Reddit.
macOS Ventura Public Beta 3 Download
This macOS 13 test version is available, as usual, over-the-air in System Preferences -> Software Update. Tap Update Now and follow the on-screen instructions.
Fact: You do need to have the macOS Public Beta Access Utility installed on your Mac. This is the equivalent of the iOS 16 Configuration Profile. Here is to download and install it when you want to update from a macOS Monterey public version.
Have you already installed macOS Ventura Public Beta 3? Did you spot any changes that aren’t mentioned here? What about new problems? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: Apple has also released iPadOS 16 / iOS 16 Public Beta 3 (20A5339d), watchOS 9 Public Beta 3 (20R5343e), tvOS 16 Public Beta 5 (20J5355f) and HomePod 16 Public Beta 5.