macOS Ventura Public Beta: How To Install, Features, Bugs
Apple has released the macOS Ventura Public Beta build number
22A5295ito all compatible Macs. All that you need to do is to enroll your computer to the Apple Beta Software Program and install the update!
Important: Before beginning be aware that beta software is buggy and lacks in performance. We recommend you to perform a Time Machine backup of your Mac in case something goes wrong.
macOS Ventura Public Beta Download
- 1. Sign in or Sign up, with your Apple ID, in your Apple Beta Software Program account.
- 2. Click on enroll your Ma, available in the Get Started section.
- 3. Go for Download macOS Public Beta Access Utility.
- 4. Run macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg, in Downloads.
- 5. Click Continue, to progress in the Install macOS Public Beta Access Utility window.
- 6. Follow the on-screen prompts: Continue, Agree with License, Install, provide Password.
How To Install macOS Ventura Public Beta
- 7. Open System Preferences -> Software Update and the macOS 13 Public Beta shows up on your screen.
- 8. Click Update Now and follow the on-screen prompts.
Fact: Mac will download, prepare and install macOS Ventura Public Beta!
macOS Ventura Public Beta Not Available?
If you performed the above steps and the macOS 13 Public Beta is not showing up it means that your Mac isn’t compatible. You can check all compatible Macs over here.
Are you seeing the macOS Monterey 12.5 Beta 5 instead? It means that your machine is only able to run macOS Monterey and you wont be able to upgrade to Ventura!
macOS Ventura Public Beta Features
Apple has unveiled macOS 13 during the WWDC 2022 keynote. We’ve showcases some of the new features here and will continue to highlight them during the summer:
- Stage Manager for improved efficiency when using multiple apps and windows.
- Clock and Weather Apps imported from iOS.
- Rich Spotlight results that include images, links and more from your computer and the web.
- New System Settings
- Continuity Camera and Desk View – allows you to attach your iPhone to your Mac and use its main camera as FaceTime camera.
- Shared Photo Library and Tab Groups
- Passkeys and more.
- To be updated.
macOS Ventura Public Beta Bugs
Unfortunately, test versions aren’t bug free. Below you can find a list of the issues reported for this release as well as available workarounds. Don’t hesitate to contribute in the comments!
- To be updated!
Have you installed macOS Ventura Public Beta on Mac? Which are your favorite new features? What about bugs? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: Apple has also rolled out iOS & iPadOS 16 Public Beta (20A5312j), watchOS 9 Public Beta (20R5316f), tvOS 16 Public Beta (20J5328g) and HomePod 16 Public Beta!