Reinstall iOS 16 On iPhone (16.1, 16.1.1 & More) [How To]
Posted in News by Vlad on November 19, 2022
Are you looking to reinstall iOS 16 on iPhone or iPad? Clean installing the current version might be a good idea if you’re trying to fix bugs and glitches that have surfaced after the regular over-the-air update.
Reinstall iOS 16 Requirements
To clean install the current firmware version on your iPhone or iPad you need the following:
- A computer (Mac or Windows) with Finder / iTunes software.
- A Lightning to USB / USB-C cable.
- Internet Connectivity.
How To Reinstall iOS 16 On iPhone / iPad
- 1. On iPhone /iPad: Go to Settings -> Apple ID -> Find My -> Find My iPhone and turn this option Off.
- 2. Connect iPhone / iPad to computer (Mac or Windows) using the Lightning to USB /USB-C cable that was shipped with the device.
- 3. Open Finder (on Mac) or iTunes (on Windows).
- 4. In Finder, click on your [iPhone name], available in the left sidebar under Locations.
- 5. Perform an encrypted backup of your iPhone using the Back Up Now option.
- 6. Click Restore iPhone option.
- 7. Click Next to confirm that you want your Mac to erase and restore your iPhone to the current iOS 16 version. Agree with Apple’s terms.
Tip: Be patient until computer downloads the most recent software update, extracts the software, prepares iPhone to restore (the Apple logo is displayed on iPhone), restores the software, verifies the iPhone restore and restores iPhone firmware! iPhone reboots when the process ends.
Restore iPhone From Backup
- 8. Swipe-up the ‘hello’ screen and return to Finder / iTunes, on computer. Click on iPhone, in the sidebar, under Locations and wait until device is activated!
- 9. Go for Restore from this backup option. Select the backup and enter the password to unlock backup. Click Restore and be patient.
- 10. On iPhone, tap Continue, on the Restore Completed screen. Configure Face ID, set up a new Passcode (can be the same as your old one), sign in to your Apple ID and be patient until the iCloud settings are updated! Follow the other on-screen prompts until you reach the Welcome to iPhone screen. Swipe up to get started!
Have you managed to clean install iOS 16 / iPadOS 16 on iPhone / iPad? Do you have any questions or problems to report? Share your feedback in the comments.
Related: If you’re looking to downgrade iOS 16 to the previous version read here. To downgrade iOS 16.x to iOS 15 go here.
Unable to post on Facebook- type a letter and FB drops
There should be an update available in the App Store. Please install it.