Last updated on January 25th, 2023 at 09:33 amPosted in News by Tyrone on January 24, 2023
Apple has released Safari 16.3 update along with macOS Ventura 13.2, macOS Monterey 12.6.3 and macOS Big Sur 11.7.3! It brings bug fixes and security patches. Check out any ongoing issues and problems before updating!
Safari 16.3 Issues
Problems reported in this update are tracked here along with available workarounds:
- 1. Safari 16.3 crashing when opening certain website like Chase, EBay, Fidelity for filmusicman.
Fix: User had to reinstall its current macOS version to solve this problem.
- 2. Website icons missing in Favorites tab for Lars, Mikhail (extensions icon missing too in Big Sur) and iWonder.
- 3. Bookmarks display in random order after Safari 16.3 update for iWonder.
- 4. Frequently visited section in new tab is empty! Also reported by iWonder.
- 5. Emojis in bookmarks and bookmarks missing for iWonder in macOS Big Sur 11.7.3.
- 6. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Safari 16.3 Security Fixes
This update patches two WebKit vulnerabilities according to Apple’s security support document:
“Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution”
The issues have been fixed with improved checks and improved memory handling!
Safari 16.3 Features
The Developer release notes mention a single new feature:
- 1. Content Security Policy: “Added support for the prefetch-src directive.” More details here.
- 2. To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Other changes and improvements spotted by users are highlighted here:
Safari 16.3 Bug Fixes
Apple’s Developer release notes mention a series of Resolved Issues for this version including:
- CSS: 8 issues fixed.
- Rendering: 1 issue resolved.
- Web API: 6 problems addressed.
- Content Security Policy: 2 problems fixed.
- Media: 6 problems solved.
- SVG: 1 issue fixed.
More details here.
Other bugs fixed, reported by users are tracked here:
- To be updated. (Contribute in the comments!)
Safari 16.3 Update
Go to System Preferences -> Software Update and make sure that Safari 16.3 is ticked if you want to update to come along macOS 12.6.3 or macOS 11.7.3!
Have you updated macOS to Safari 16.3? What’s your feedback? Do you notice any problems solved that aren’t mentioned in this article? Share your feedback in the comments!