This Is The First Thing That You Have To Do After Updating To iOS 14
iOS 14 has been released by Apple and is available for all compatible iPhones. After you download and install it on your device, you have to provide your Passcode, go through the initial configuration screens and you’re ready to go.
However, in order to benefit from all new features coming in iOS 14, there’s one more important step that you have to accomplish. You need to search and install all updates available in your App Store accounts.
That’s because many third-party apps require updates in order to be compatible with new options introduced in iOS 14. For example third party browsers can be set as default iPhone web browser, the same goes for mail apps and much more.
How To Upgrade All Third-Party Apps
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap your ‘account icon’, available in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Swipe-down to refresh the Account page and search for all available updates.
4. In the ‘Available Updates’ section, tap on Update All to perform a bulk update.
Important: Make sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi if you’re using a limited data plan
Tip: Read the change log summary and check out if you spot any iOS 14 related info. This way you can find out if the app in question is compatible with the new Home Screen widgets feature and more.
Fact: In these early days of iOS 14, you should check the App Store Available Updates section daily, because most app developers will issue updates.
For example, if you update Chrome, DuckDuckGo and Microsoft Edge apps you will be able to set any of the three as default iPhone web browser, replacing Safari in the process!
How To Use Third Party Widgets
After you update the apps, return to the iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 Home Screen:
1. Long-press on it.
2. Tap the ‘+’ icon, available in the top-left corner.
3. Scroll for the available widgets list and see if there is a new glance added.
Fact: Stock and third-party widgets are mixed and displayed alphabetically in the list.
4. Tap on the one that you want to add.
5. Swipe for the desired size and tap on ‘Add Widget’.
Has your favorite app updated with iOS 14 compatibility. Let us know in the comments section available below.
Related: Check out 50 new features available in iOS 14!