Apple has seeded tvOS 17 Developer beta (21J5273q) for Apple TV HD and 4K (1st, 2nd and 3rd gens). It’s an early test version that allows users to check out the new features, changes and enhancements!
tvOS 17 Beta Profile
In order to install tvOS 17 Developer Beta you need to enroll your Apple TV to the Apple Developer platform. Here is how to
- 1. Sign in with your Apple ID at developer.apple.com.
- 2. Check the Software Downloads section and tap on view downloads.
- 3. Scroll for tvOS 17 beta and see if an Install Profile is available. Go for it, else skip to the next step.
tvOS 17 Beta Download
Important: Be aware that these early test version have bugs. Third-party apps like banking software won’t work! Apple only recommends installation on secondary devices used for testing!
- 4. Open the Apple TV, and go for Settings.
- 5. Browse to System -> Software Updates.
- 6. Open Get Beta Updates and select tvOS 17 Developer beta.
Tip: Follow the on-screen prompts and be patient. Apple TV will reboot after the process is completed. You’re ready to test tvOS 17!
tvOS 17 Beta Not Available?
Have you managed to install tvOS 17 beta on Apple TV? Do you have any problems? Have uncovered some great features! Share it in the comments!