Use The iOS Health App To Easily Sign Up As An Organ Donor Directly From Your iPhone
First of all, let me underline that this article doesn’t aim to influence your decision in one way or the other, it’s here to teach you how you can register if you’re decided to take this step and are ready to share your organs in case you lose your life and some of your body’s functions are still working normally and able to help others regain their health.
It’s equally important to know that signing up via your iPhone also provides a simple method to un-register if you reconsider at any give moment. No matter if you decide to apply or cancel your Organ Donor status please be responsible and inform your closest family members about your decision.
How To Sign Up As Organ Donor
1. Grab your iPhone and open the Health app from your device’s Home Screen.
2. Tap on the Medical ID tab, available in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll all the way down until you reach the Organ Donation section and see the Donate Life description.
4. Tap on Sign Up with Donate Life and fill up the registering form.
Fact: You have to provide personal information like full name, date of birth, Last 4 SSN (last four digits of your Social Security Number), address and mail.
Do mind, that all the data is encrypted and sent to the Donate Life organization and aren’t stored by Apple.
5. Tap Continue and review the information that you just entered. If everything is fine, hit Complete Registration with Donate Life to dispatch your request.
6. The app informs you that your request has been successfully registered and provides you the option to Share Your Decision. Else, tap Done and move on to something else.
Fact: A red heart and an Organ Donor label appears under your name at the top of the Medical ID field to highlight your decision.
How To Cancel Organ Donor Consensus
If you have second thought here is what you have to do in order to un-register:
1. Return to the Health app and the Medical ID screen.
2. Scroll to the bottom and tap on the Edit option available next to the Organ Donor Registry section.
3. Scroll again all the way down and hit the Remove Me label.
4. You’re now prompted with valuable information regarding organ donation qualification. Tap Remove Me once again to confirm your decision.
5. The app informs you that the request was processed. Hit Done to exit.