watchOS 6.2.8 Software Update Brings Car Keys Support
This is the 10th software update for watchOS 6 and could be the last one of the series.
Apple previewed watchOS 7 at WWDC 2020 and the upcoming generation is already available for beta testing.
watchOS 6.2.8 is a small update and the only new feature added is the digital Car Key option.
This new functionality that allows users to lock, unlock and start compatible cars is also available on the iPhone thanks to iOS 13.6.
A digital car key works in lieu with a physical one, allowing you to control your vehicle from your wrist!
How To Update To watchOS 6.2.8
1. On the paired iPhone, open the Watch app.
2. In the ‘My Watch’ tab, browse for General -> Software Update.
3. Tap Download and Install on the watchOS 6.2.8 software update screen. Be patient until the software update is downloaded, unpacked and installed on your smartwatch.
Fact: For the watchOS 6.2.8 install process to begin you need to connect the Apple Watch to its charger, have the battery levels over 50% and be in range of the paired iPhone.
watchOS 6.2.8 New Features
– Car Key support is the single new feature added by this software update.
Fact: to be able to use a digital car key with your Apple Watch you need to own a compatible car. BMW is the first producer that supports Apple’s new feature. However only models manufactured from July 1st, 2020 are compatible.
– ECG availability has been extended to Bahrain, Brazil and South Africa for users that own the Apple Watch 4 Series or later.
– Irregular heart rhythm notifications have been also added to the same countries.
Did you upgrade to watchOS 6.2.8? What’s your Apple Watch user experience so far? Let us know in the comments section available below.
Related: Do you know if your Apple Watch is compatible with watchOS 7? Check out the supported devices here!