Apple has just released watchOS 7.0.2, the second software update of the 7th watchOS generation. It comes two weeks after watchOS 7.0.1 and almost one month since the public release of watchOS 7.
watchOS 7.0.2 fixes a bug that could cause accelerated battery drain on some Apple Watches. It also includes a fix for the ECG app not showing up for some users in regions where the feature is available!
How To Update to watchOS 7.0.2
1. Open the Watch app, on the companion iPhone.
2. In the My Watch tab, tap on General -> Software Update.
3. Tap Download and Install, on the watchOS 7.0.2 update screen.
4. Provide your Passcode, agree with the Terms and be patient until the update is downloaded, verified and installed on your Apple Watch.
Important: The Apple Watch needs to be connected to the charger, have a battery level over 50% and be in range with the companion iPhone, for the update process to work!
How Long Does It Take To Update?
watchOS 7.0.2 is a small update, around 75,5 MB large. Updating shouldn’t take more than 15 – 20 minutes.
Fact: However, if you’re updating from the watchOS 6 generation, the update will take a lot longer. Be prepared to wait up to one hour, for the entire update process to complete.
watchOS 7.0.2 Change Log
Apple describes this minor update as containing “improvements and bug fixes”. Two of them are highlighted in the change log, while others could be hidden under the hood and waiting to be discovered:
- “Addresses and issue that could cause the battery to drain more quickly.”
- “Resolves an issue that prevented some users from accessing the ECG app in regions where it is available.”
Fact: For info about the security content of the update please visit: https://support.apple.com/HT201222
watchOS 7.0.2 Missing Fixes
– Apple Watch Series 3 restarting multiple times per day since updating to watchOS 7.
– Missing GPS data for workouts tracked with Apple Watch.
Have you updated to watchOS 7.0.2? What’s your feedback? Did you notice any other changes, besides the ones reported in this article? Use the comments section and let us know.
Related: How to fix Handwashing not working on Apple Watch in watchOS 7!