watchOS 9.0.2 Bugs Fixed, Problems, Features & Improvements
Last updated on October 23rd, 2022 at 07:56 amPosted in News by Mike on October 10, 2022
Apple has released watchOS 9.0.2 build number 20R383 for Apple Watch 4 and later. This is a minor update that continues to fine tune the 9th watchOS generation. Check out the bugs fixed, new problems, features and improvements!
watchOS 9.0.2 Bugs Fixed
The release notes highlight four problems that have been addressed by this update:
- 1. Spotify streaming interrupting unexpectedly has been FIXED!
- 2. Snooze alarm notifications won’t stop after alarm is deleted when AssistiveTouch is turned ON! (FIXED!)
- 3. Wallet and Fitness data not syncing for Apple Watches that are newly paired. (FIXED!)
- 4. Microphone audio cutting out for Apple Watch 8 and Apple Watch Ultra users. (FIXED!)
- 5. To be updated!
However, there might be more silent fixes, because we’ve covered over a dozen bugs reported for watchOS 9.0. Help us check them out and complete this list:
Fact: watchOS 9.0.2 doesn’t include any security updates as confirmed by the missing CVE entries!
watchOS 9.0.2 Problems
New issues surfacing in this version are mentioned below. Check them out before updating, as downgrading watchOS version can only be done in an Apple Store.
- 1. Prime Music playback stops at the second song when playing a playlist. Reported by Scott.
Fix: will be published here.
- 2. Alarm problems after watchOS 9.0.2 update. Reported by Costin and Ryan.
- To be updated!
Older watchOS 9 Issues
- 1. Notifications display summary even when Show Summary When Locked is turned Off.
- 2. Workout app crashes whenever a new workout is started.
- 3. Resting heart rate is lower than normal because it also averages heart rate during sleep.
- 4. Touch screen not working properly on Apple Watch 5 and 7.
- 5. Charging slow with third-party chargers.
- 6. Always On Display not working with Workouts app.
watchOS 9.0.2 Features
According to the release notes highlighted above, this is a bug fixing update and we don’t expect any new features. Small changes might have passed under-the-hood. If you notice anything don’t hesitate to share it in the comments!
- To be updated!
watchOS 9.0.2 Update
This release is available as usual, over-the-air in the Watch app on the paired iPhone:
- In the My Watch tab, browse for Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install, provide Passcode and be patient until the 127 MB update file is requested, downloaded, prepared, verified and installed on your Apple Watch!
Fact: For the installation to occur Apple Watch has to be connected to the charger, in range o the Paired iPhone and connected to WiFi!
watchOS 9.0.2 Update Video
For more details check our YouTube review:
watchOS 9.0.2 Not Available?
Update not showing up? If Apple Watch is already running the watchOS 9.1 beta, this update won’t be found, because it’s an inferior build.
Unable to check for update? This happens when watchOS 9.1 beta runs on the Apple Watch and the watchOS 9 Beta Profile has been deleted.
Fix: Reinstall the profile and continue with the beta versions, or be patient until watchOS 9.1 is released to the public!
Have you installed watchOS 9.0.2 on Apple Watch? What’s your feedback? Have you noticed any changes not mentioned in this article? What about new bugs or other problems? Share your feedback in the comments! We’re here to help!
Related: Apple has also released iOS 16.0.3 (20A392) for iPhone 8 and later. Check out our extended review over here.
iOS 9.0.2 did not fix streaming issues when using Prime Music. Still plays 1 song and when 2nd song of playlist starts, it stops just as it id after 9.0.0.
Same issue. This is really annoying………
Thanks for confirming jeremy. We’re about to submit feedback to Apple regarding this. Anything else you would like to add?
Thanks for reporting Scott. We haven’t been aware of this issue. The Spotify bug was previously reported, but not Prime Music.
We will send a feedback report to Apple regarding this. Do you have any other details that might be helpful regarding this problem?
On apple watch 8 when an alarm appears and the watch is on sleep mode stop alarm doesnt work’s always , only snooze on 9.0.2. Before with 9.0 all was fine at least to me.
Thanks for reporting Costin. You mean the Stop alarm button is unresponsive and you only get a touch input when you tap Snooze?
Same issue since updating to 9.0.2. Alarm goes off on phone…..nothing on watch in sleep mode.
You mean your not able to stop the alarm or? Are you able to provide a screenshot?
When I use the Zoom feature (Settings/Accessiblity/Zoom/and then Zoom on) the watch screen becomes WAY too big and unresponsive.
Can you share a screenshot please? What Apple Watch are you using. I just tested on AW 6 and 7 and it works fine. Are you able to adjust the Maximum Zoom Level in the Zoom Settings? You can turn the Digital Crown to browse the screen better.
I have a Series 6. You note a problem with watch face not staying on during workouts. IOS 6.0.2 won’t allow my watch face to stay on AT ALL. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
You mean watchOS 9.0.2 won’t allow your Watch Face to stay On? Open Control Center and disable Theater Mode if it’s enabled. The two mask icon.
That solved the issue. Thank you!!
You’re welcome. ;)
Has the 9.0.2 Update caused an issue with unlocking MacBook and iMac with my iWatch? My watch now can’t unlock either since the update.
It’s not watchOS 9.0.2 specific. It was reported in 9.0 too. Here is the fix: