Last updated on December 17th, 2022 at 08:06 pmPosted in Errors and Issues by Patricia on December 16, 2022
Are you experiencing watchOS 9.2 battery drain issues? Apple Watch is dying faster after the latest software update? A full charge cycle depletes within 4 hours instead of one full day? You’re not alone!
watchOS 9.2 Battery Drain Issue?
This issue has been reported by Rob:
“Watch v6, is 9.2 (updated last night) and battery drained like crazy today.”
and confirmed by numerous other readers:
- Jeff: “Battery went from 82% to 18% during 6+ hours sleep. I went from 97% at about 10 am to 40% less than 5 hours later. Battery health is 93%. Watch is series 5.”
- Sue: “Same problem for me.”
- Josh: “Same here on ultra. 20% in 1 hour.”
Apple Watch Battery Drain Fix?
Apparently, the extreme battery drain is caused by iOS 16.2. We’ve seen a report on Reddit, complaining about this issue even with Apple Watch still on watchOS 9.1 and paired iPhone on 16.2:
Thankfully, you can troubleshoot this problem by applying the following sequence:
- 1. Force restart iPhone: Click & release Volume Up, followed by Volume Down and press & hold the Side Button until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen.
- 2. When the Apple logo is shown on the iPhone screen, force restart Apple Watch by simultaneously pressing and holding the Digital Crown and the Side Button until the Apple logo is shown on the screen!
Credits: Thanks Randy-12 for sharing this fix!
Extra Fix For watchOS 9.2 Battery Draining Fast
Wilton confirmed that he managed to solve this issue by unpairing and re-pairing Apple Watch to iPhone and deleting apps that were rarely used on the Watch:
- 1. Open Watch app on iPhone and tap on All Watches (top-left corner of the screen).
- 2. Tap the ‘i’ icon next to your watch’s name.
- 3. Go for Unpair Apple Watch (A backup of your wrist-worn device will be automatically created and saved on iPhone).
- 4. Reboot iPhone.
- 5. Re-pair Apple Watch. Does it help?
Have you managed to fix watchOS 9.2 battery draining fast? Do you have a better solution or other problems to report? Share your feedback in the comments!
Related: For more watchOS 9.2 bugs and available workarounds check our detailed review!