Apple has rolled out watchOS 9 Public Beta build number 20R5316f. This test version is available to all compatible Apple Watch models, as soon as the watchOS 9 Beta Profile is installed.
Important: Before you proceed, please be aware that test versions are buggy and lack in performance! More, unlike iPhones, downgrading from watchOS 9 to watchOS 8 isn’t possible The only way to do it is at an Apple Store!
watchOS 9 Public Beta Download
- 1. On the paired iPhone, Sign In to your account on the Appl Beta Software Program website.
Tip: iPhone has to be run the iOS 16 Public Beta!
- 2. Tap Download profile, available in the watchOS 9 section.
- 3. Allow Apple Watch to download the watchOS 9 Beta Profile.
- 4. Install the profile and allow your AW to Restart.
watchOS 9 Public Beta Install Guide
- 5. In the Watch app on iPhone, go for Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- 6. Tap Download and Install. Be patient until watchOS 9 Public Beta update is requested, downloaded and prepared for update.
- 7. Tap Install Now, Agree with Apple’s terms and be patient until the update is verified and deployed on Apple Watch.
Tip: Device has to be on its charger with battery level over 50%.
watchOS 9 Public Beta Features
- New Watch Faces – four new themes to take bette advantage of the extra screen real estate.
- Sleep Stages – for a detailed view of your sleep.
- Heart Rate Zones – for more efficient workouts.
- Medication App – to help you track your pill intake.
- Running form Metrics – for more efficient running routines.
watchOS 9 Public Beta Bugs
Issues discovered in this version are available below. If you spot one that’s not available in this list, don’t hesitate to share it in the comments!
- To be updated!
Have you updated this first watchOS 9 public test version? Which are your favorite features? Did you encounter any bugs? Use the comments section to share your feedback!