The updated ‘unc0ver’ tool is using a zero-day kernel vulnerability which means that the jailbreak is here to stay for at least a couple of weeks, because the hackers haven’t reported the exploit to Apple. It’s been years since a jailbreak has been available for the current iOS version and we’ll have to see how fast Apple can patch this security breach.
Is Jailbreaking Safe?
Hackers use a vulnerability that they discover in the iOS to be able to lift limitations and allow users to install unapproved software (not curated by Apple) on their iPhones. This can open Pandora’s box when it comes to malware on your iOS device, if you jailbreak without knowing what your doing.
According to the ‘unc0ver’ team the jailbreak uses “native system sandbox exceptions” which means that security is unaltered when access to the jailbreak files is enabled.
They also claim that battery life won’t be affected by jailbreaking and promise stability
Tip: If you’ve never jailbroken your iPhone before we suggest you to think twice before attempting it. This can easily go south if you aren’t sure what you’re doing.
How To Jailbreak iOS 13.5
iPhones running the latest iOS version can be jailbroken with the help of the AltStore and Cydia Impactor platforms. macOS users can also use Xcode together with the iOS App Signer to jailbreak.
Because we aren’t aiming to promote jailbreaking and also don’t want to be held reliable if things don’t play out as planned we won’t share a detailed step-by-step jailbreaking tutorial in this article.
However, if you’ve informed yourself from various sources and are determined to jailbreak you can get all the info on the “unc0ver” website. Tap here and scroll all the way down to the Installation Guide. Choose the appropriate operating system and read carefully all the instructions.
2020 Jailbreaking Benefits
Over the year iOS has improved a lot and jailbreaking isn’t as popular as it once was. However, if you like to tune up your iPhone the following features could continue to spark your interest:
- Auto unlocking – iPhone will unlock and open the Home screen only by looking at it, without needing to swipe up.
Fact: This feature is rumored to be coming along iOS 14 to all “jailed” iPhones too.
- Keyboard Customization: allows you to customize iOS keyboard buttons to fir your needs.
- Dynamic Wallpapers: you can get a series of customized dynamic wallpapers for your iPhone
- Always-On Display: Similar to the native Apple Watch always-on display feature, keeps your iPhone screen always enabled.
- Tiles on Home screen: a different Home screen view that is rumored to be included as native in feature in iOS 14.
- Dark Icons on Home screen: provides the option of displaying dark app icons. On top of that you can remove the dock background, the home bar and perform many other tweaks
Have you ever jailbroken your iPhone? Which are your favorite tweaks? Let us know in the comment section available below!