Dell’s Mobile Connect app for iOS has just been upgraded to version 3.0.1, the first update in more than a year. The update log confirms that alongside the mirroring option iPhone users are now also able to drag & drop files to transfer them between iPhone and computer. However the iOS version currently only supports photo and video swapping. Music and document-transfer, which already are available in the Android version, for years, are yet to be available for the iOS users.
How To Easily Mirror Your iPhone On A Dell Computer
1. Open the App store or tap this direct download link to grab the updated Dell Mobile Connect companion app.
2. Make sure that the Dell Mobile Connect app is installed and runs the latest version on your Windows 10 computer. You can find the app in the Microsoft Store.
3. Open Dell Mobile Connect app and follow the on-screen prompts to start mirroring.
Fact: The minimal system requirements for iPhone are iOS 11, however if you want to use the full features described above, your iPhone needs to run iOS 13 or higher. In terms of computer you need a 2018 Dell model or newer, that runs Windows 10.
Info: Supported Dell Hardware includes Inspiron, XPS, Alienware, Vostro, and the G Series.
- Hands-free phone calls: When your iPhone is connected to your Dell computer you can make and answer phone calls with the help of your PC’s speakers and microphone.
- Text messaging: Send and receive SMS or MMS messages from your computer.
- Contacts: browse your iPhone’s contacts and initiate a call or send a text directly from the app.
- Screen mirroring:
- File Transfer:
receive new notifications directly on your computer. You can practically keep your iPhone away while.
Replicate the screen of your iPhone on your PC and command it with the help of your mouse, keyboard and touchscreen.
Drag & drop files between your iPhone and computer for easy transfer. As mentioned above, only videos and photos are currently supported.