New AirPods Pro 2 Features, Functions, Problems & Prices
Check out the new AirPods Pro 2 features and find out the 10 extras when compared to the 1st generation. Find out common problems, compare available prices and grab the best deals!
AirPods Pro 2 Features
Apple has highlighted a series of enhancements and new functions during the ‘Far Out’ event keynote. Check them out below:
- 1. H2 chip (next generation Apple silicon!) – is the main new hardware that makes most of the new features possible, thanks to advanced computational algorithms<
- 2. Smart Active Noise Cancellation – is 2x stronger than the original feature on the 1st gen AirPods Pro. Noise-cancelling microphones, a rear vent and a new driver are filtering even more unwanted noise.
- 3. Adaptive Transparency – According to Apple, the AirPods Pro 2 are able to reduce the noise at 48,000 times per second. The feature is able to isolate loud noises like sirens and power tools.
- 4. Personalized Spatial Audio – with dynamic head tracking is available for all devices.
- 5. Conversation Boost thanks to the Araptive EQ feature.
- 6. Precision Finding – is available with Find My, thanks to new U1 chip included in the redesigned case.
- 7. Touch Control – is available in the AirPods Pro 2 stem. It allows you to easily manage playback controls with simple gestures. Swipe up or down to control playback volume. Press to Play/Pause music playback or answer/end calls. Touch & hold to switch between ANC and Adaptive Transparency.
- 8. In-case Speaker – plays sounds to easier locate the new AirPods Pro. Special tunes are also available for low battery and complete pairing.
- 9. Apple Watch charger compatible case
- 10. Case with lanyard loop for easier transportation.
- 11. Four Ear Tips – the XS (Extra Small) size has been added to the box to allow the AirPods to fit a wider range of ears. The tips have the role to trap the sound inside and also secure the AirPods Pro in your ear.
- 12. 48kHz audio for SharePlay
- 13. Improved Battery Life – up to 6 hours with ANC enabled and 30 hours when using the power of the case.
- 14. Memoji engraving – new engraving options available when you purchase the new AirPods Pro from Apple.com
New AirPods Pro 2 vs AirPods Pro (10 Extras!)
Check out all differences between the 1st and 2nd gen AirPods Pro:
- 1. AirPods Pro 2 have 2x stronger Active Noise Cancellation capabilities.
- Adaptive Transparency comes on top of the standard Transparency mode on the 2nd gen.
- 2. AirPods Pro 2 come with richer bass and clearer sound thanks to the new new low-distortion audio driver and custom amplifier.
- 3. H2 chip vs H1 chip
- 4. Bluetooth 5.3 vs Bluetooth 5.0
- 5. AirPods Pro 2 are able to recognize swipes on the stem thanks to force sensors
- 6. Skin-detect sensors for in-ear detection are included in the 2nd generation.
- 7. IPX4 sweat and water resistance rating for earbuds and charging case.
- 8. The MagSafe Charging Case has a built-in speaker for Find My and Precision Tracking. Case is also compatible with Apple Watch charger, MagSafe charger, Qi wireless charging mats, and Lightning cables.
- 9. New AirPods Pro 2 come with four silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L) instead of three.
- 10. Second generation has Longer Battery life: 6 hours vs 4.5 hours with ANC enabled and 30 hours vs 24 hours total listening time with charging case.
AirPods Pro 2 Problems
Common issues reported for this product along with available workarounds are listed below:
- To be update! (Contribute in the comments please!)
AirPods Pro 2 Best Price
The retail price for the 2nd generation is $249. This value is identical with the starting price of the 1st gen!
You can find AirPods Pro 2 for sale directly on Apple.com and other major online retail stores as Amazon and Best Buy. At the time of writing the best price recorded for this product is $239.99 on Amazon.com!
AirPods Pro 2 Deals
In this section you can find sales:
- AirPods Pro 2 Pre-Order discount on Amazon.com $239.99
($249)– Status: Expired
- AirPods Pro 2 Day-One Sale on Amazon.com $239.99
($249)– Status: ACTIVE
- To be updated!
AirPods Pro 2 Cases
If you’re looking to protect your new AirPods take a look at these products:
- Spigen Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear – $18.99 (Buy Now)
- DamonLight AirPods Pro 2 Case – $12.99 (Buy Now)
- BRG for Airpods Pro 2nd Generation – $9.99 (Save $5)
Disclaimer: iPhoneTricks.org has an affiliate partnership with Amazon. If you purchase a product after clicking the above links, we will receive a small commission that helps us covers website costs. The final price of your product isn’t influenced by this incentive!
Are you planing to buy the AirPods Pro 2? Have you purchased them already? What’s your feedback? Don’t hesitate to share any issues! Use the comments section. We’re here to help.
Related: Are you looking for AirPods trade in offers? Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any. You’re only option is to try to sell your old AirPods by word of mouth or via online marketplaces, as detailed here.
they charge very slow with apple watch charger! anyone else having the same problem?
Thanks for reporting Andrea. Yes, others reported it too. We’ve dedicated an article for this issue over here:
Are you using the 20W charging adapter?
Mine keep disconnecting and reconnecting several times per hour. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks for reporting. Apparently, this is quite common. Here is what you can do: https://www.iphonetricks.org/airpods-pro-2-keep-disconnecting-stop-working/
Mismatched airpods pro notification shows up suggesting that there is a mix in the case of left airpod from the 2nd gen and right airpods from the 1st gen. It must be a bug or? is anyone else seeing this too?
Thanks for reporting Maxim. Most likely it’s a software glitch. We’ve opened a separate discussion thread for it over here:
Try to Forget them, reset and re-pair. Does it help?
When on a phone call with a airpod pro 2 user and they are in a noisy area, the noise is muted well but the voice sound is very muffled. We compared ver 1 and it didn’t have the muffled voice sound but didn’t reduce the outside noise as well. Try it yourself by running water close while talking to someone from the AirPods 2 and see what the other person thinks.
Thanks for the feedback Randy. We’ll test it out.
1st day of using my new airpods today. When in noise cancellation mode the noise of using compressed air at work caused the airpods to make a loud static noise. Tested again in transparency mode and they did not make the static noise. Not sure if I’ve got faulty ones or if this issues is being found by others.
Thanks for reporting Jacob. Let’s see what others have to say.
iPhone freezes when connecting Airpods pro 2! It becomes responsive after a couple of seconds… but it feels like a long and annoying wait. Anyone else?
airpod pro 2 keeps dropping
airpod pro didnt drop
Thanks for reporting. Can you share more details please?